times for a bpt swap

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
natural born honda killer

Re: times for a bpt swap

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i went back to the track last night and had a very good night.<P>r/t .977<BR>I1 2.334<BR>I2 6.489<P>e.t. 9.912<BR>mph 72.165<P><BR>but to make it even better there was a turbo nova and a turbo mustang running about a 4.77 in the 1/8th. both at about a 142mph. i wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it. i asked him what size turbo he had and he said a damn something 106. 106mm......<BR> :eek: ......well all in all it was a great night.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

hey man, ur mph is pretty impressive. i'd really like to see some 1/4 times.<BR>is it still bogging off the line or did you get that all figured out.<BR>also, how many pounds of boost r u running, and what else do u have for performance?<BR>and finally do you have slicks or are these times on street tires(lots of spinning? ;) )<P>i cant decide wether i want to drop in my B6T now(un-built) or wait(un-godly (i hope)).<BR>the FI classes r getting tough to compete in around here. most in the cars are in the 11.9x-14.xx range (1/4 mile track(waaay to fast for a stock B6T)<BR>oh well,<BR>good luck<p>[ November 10, 2002: Message edited by: Shady469 ]
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

thanks. ive always averaged about 71-73 mph everytime. thanks :) id like to go to the 1/4 but its quite a drive out there. id like to see what i can get before the haltech so i can have some times to compare to. right now im just running stock 8.5-9.0 psi. i didnt bogg down hardly at all. but i think if i didnt bogg at ALL then id get a 9.8. and yeah these are on street tires. yokahama paradas spec 2 on 17 inch konig rated r's. obviously not the best drag tires but they work. i think with slicks id be getting way better times. as for performance its stock other than a cai and 2.5 inch exhaust. id say get the motor ready and then slap it in. itll be easier to upgrade and install the parts and do more work if you want. if i could id buy another bpt and build it up completely before i put it in but im broke especially after the haltech. i think once i get done with all the engine mods and then the body work ill get another bpt and start building it up into a beast and get another tranny from a pro lx and cryo and shot peen it and get it as strong as i can. but thats my goals. and good luck with your project.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”