MX-3 2.5 KLZE vs Civic Hatchback GSR Turbo

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
justin h

Re: MX-3 2.5 KLZE vs Civic Hatchback GSR Turbo

Post by justin h »

There's a civic hb here that runs 12s without the turbo. It's gutted, has a GSR or ITR motor, and has btwn 200-250hp. So, 11s are pretty possible.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

Everyone and their mother has a civic....<BR>Civics don't even look sporty. Even with the body kits they still don't look too good (with certain exceptions). To me a civic with a combat type kit looks like a plain-looking car with a few pieces that look too fancy. The REAL kits that look good are the ones that have all the expensive numerous pieces that blend the "plain-looking" part with the "agressive" part of the car. When will this hook-up-an-ugly-slow-car fad end?
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
JCali

Post by JCali »

my buddy just bought his little Civic hatch...I gotta tip my hat off to him...cause it's really sweet. It's the stock Si engine, but has turbo...He think's he's going to be running in the 13's or 14's hopefully low 13/high 12's...once he get's the boost control. His Turbo is making me drool for one, but no body freakin' makes one accept for TKT...I'm getting so desprate I might take them up if they warranty it. It's great the KLZE will take me to 14 land, but in the Bay Area cars run mid 13's without hitting 5th gear. We got crews running low 12's in gut out Tegra's and Skylines pushing 400 at the wheel..<P>I need that to be noticed. That's why I'm think after the KLZE swap- just go with a 30-50 wet shot to tide me over until I get the turbo or supercharger. I won't be beating everyone, but people would be shocked by the MX-3.<P>JCALI
OctaneChicken

Post by OctaneChicken »

WOW I Finally got my car back yesterday and it drives like a dream. I might be able to take my bro since the shop was having problems with his AEM engine management system. They installed a Greddy one for the time being until they can get software for the AEM. So he's only puling about 210 at the wheel right now.
Max

Post by Max »

Big difference ??? satisfied ? Did you get headers installed ?? Anyways it's great to hear that ! Are you still using the 1.8 Manifold or the MS8 ? Do you still have the 1.8 ECU ? Thanks in advance
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OctaneChicken:<BR><STRONG>WOW I Finally got my car back yesterday and it drives like a dream. I might be able to take my bro since the shop was having problems with his AEM engine management system. They installed a Greddy one for the time being until they can get software for the AEM. So he's only puling about 210 at the wheel right now.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The civic has at least 30 hp on you, has better gearing, and weighs less.....why do you insist that you even have a chance?<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]<p>[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OctaneChicken

Post by OctaneChicken »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Max:<BR><STRONG>Big difference ??? satisfied ? Did you get headers installed ?? Anyways it's great to hear that ! Are you still using the 1.8 Manifold or the MS8 ? Do you still have the 1.8 ECU ? Thanks in advance</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yeah It's a pretty big difference. I didn't get headers installed but maybe sometime, gonna take my time on this car,theres still lots of stuff i wanna do to it. No i'm not using the 1.8 manifold, I'm using the one off the North American KL engine and no I don't have the 1.8 ECU
OctaneChicken

Post by OctaneChicken »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>The civic has at least 30 hp on you, has better gearing, and weighs less.....why do you insist that you even have a chance?<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<P>[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]<P>[ April 22, 2002: Message edited by: ProtegeSTS ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Eventually down the road I'll have a good chance at him but for now I can try to beat him.
mx3gsr

Post by mx3gsr »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OctaneChicken:<BR><STRONG>What do you guys think bout this. My brother recently got his 94 Honda Civic Hatchback done up with a Honda GSR Engine, Turbo, Intake, Intercooler, exhaust, ect... He got a dyno plot of it and it's about 285HP at the wheels (I don't remember the torque or RPM it was at). I just brought my MX-3 to the Shop (A-SPEC) today to get the KL-ZE swap, Cold Air Intake, Racing Clutch, Exhaust,and Short Shifter done. Who's going to reign superior, Me or my brother <BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>KLZE with bolt-ons = low 14s<BR>turbo GS-R hatch @ 285whp = mid-high 12s<P>We have 2 gs-r turbos around here. <BR>One runs about 290whp and pulls high 12s the other runs 450whp and pulls 11.8-11.9s<P>Both are very much street cars...
1992 MX-3 GS-R 2.5L Turbo - retired 2001 :(
13.8@107mph
Max

Post by Max »

Mx3gsr...<P>how much horsepower do you have at the wheels with and without turbo ?<P>Thanks
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RayRay:<BR><STRONG>Everyone and their mother has a civic....<BR>Civics don't even look sporty. Even with the body kits they still don't look too good (with certain exceptions). To me a civic with a combat type kit looks like a plain-looking car with a few pieces that look too fancy. The REAL kits that look good are the ones that have all the expensive numerous pieces that blend the "plain-looking" part with the "agressive" part of the car. When will this hook-up-an-ugly-slow-car fad end?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>And mx-3's are different right? To each his own I guess but i hate the ugly styling of the mx3, not my liking. But to each his own.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG><P>And mx-3's are different right? To each his own I guess but i hate the ugly styling of the mx3, not my liking. But to each his own.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>very true. i guess i just hate civics.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OctaneChicken:<BR><STRONG><P>Eventually down the road I'll have a good chance at him but for now I can try to beat him.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Your post didnt ask who would be faster in 5 years.<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG><P>And mx-3's are different right? To each his own I guess but i hate the ugly styling of the mx3, not my liking. But to each his own.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey "loudsubz' why are u even here then dude, go somewhere in mx-3 hater forums, but not here, why are u here even not liking mx-3
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jamik_69

Post by jamik_69 »

hey octanechicken you have a black gs with a hks sticker on the side right
"guess i forgot to put the foglights in"

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”