yellowish headlamps

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Re: yellowish headlamps

Post by masonholmes »

<A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> They say they will order any Mazda part as long as your order is over $100 I think. They sell new US spec headlights for $180 wheras a dealer wants like $400. On that pic, anybody know what country it's from? Those look like the Euro spec ones which are made from glass. About $400 a pop if you can get them over here. Shine much brighter, dont get dingy and have a better beam pattern. Problems, you have to rewire for differen't bulbs and power handlings, hard to get them to the US or anywhere but "Euroland" and technically, they are illegal in anywhere but there because they don't follow the differnt countries beam pattern rules. About taking the headlights themselves apart, it's a pain but it's possible. They are held on with a few clips and a silicone like substance that has to be heated to be loosened. Manny manny hair dryers can do the trick paird with some screwdrivers for prying. I've heard it can be a real pain tho and if you overheat the plastic, it will bobble on ya. Apparently there's a black peice inside of the headlights that if removed, makes them much brighter. But first you have to get in there and second, I'm sure it makes them illegal to use. I'm gonna look for some blue magic this weekend. Hope that info helps a little... Image<P>------------------<BR>mason<BR>MX3SE<BR>ICQ#44771740<BR>masonholmes@hotmail.com
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”