Dropzone coilovers....should I or shouldnt I?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
maldo

Re: Dropzone coilovers....should I or shouldnt I?

Post by maldo »

Hmmm....
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>
Search...<p>they are SLIGHTLY stiffer than the other "sport springs" available out there. And they don't lower as much as you probably want.<p> <hr></blockquote>
:shrug:
maldo

Post by maldo »

Do you have any knowledge on suspension matters? If not then use the "search" function. Jesse offered you info and asked what else you needed to know. You still haven't given him that info. You want to know everything there is to know about a product but you don't want to do the work to find out what you need to know on your own. You are lazy. Unless you do some of your own research than you can't get mad at anyone for what they write because they have done more research than you.<p>BTW - DropZone spring rates are equivalent to racing suspension setups, ie. 450fr/350rr, way too stiff to be comfortable. Buy your spring from a reputable company and enjoy the ride.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I am lazy? DUDE STAY OUT OF THIS POST! I have been around this board for almost 2 years now, i have read many, many posts on suspension and have searched many times. I have yet to talk to anyone who has actually used these springs, or that has decent pictures of these springs installed on an mx-3. Now unless you have some usefull information, QUIT posting here...you are wasting my time and your own.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
maldo

Post by maldo »

yes sir! Should I stop posting info altogether??
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

If it's useless, then yes. Now is there anybody that has used H and R springs on their mx-3? Pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks to all of you who aren't retarded yet.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

Registered: Aug 2002 .... 2 years???<p>Its quite obvious that the reason the people that do have these springs arent responding is the simple fact that the information IS out there and IS available to you via the search option. Topics on dropzone coilovers are just about as popular as the KL-ZE topic... and EVERYTIME the same information is relayed. Its delivered technically, scientifically, and literally and yet the same questions are still being asked. Lets try one more time......<p>the spring rate on these coilovers is TOO high for your application. YES they will fit on your car, NO they wont provide any greater level of handling or driveability. NO they will not acheive a "true" 4 inch drop... nor would anyone to tell you to ride with a 4 inch drop with our suspension setup. With minimal exceptions, the people who HAVE purchased then kit HAVE said that it sucks. Its not just this board. Look at ANY performance board and you'll see the same thing. Personally, i've driven em... and to reiterate it yet again...THEY SUCK. <p>However...<p>in your particular case... buy them. Buy ANY springs to replaced your cut ones. :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

dubba double posted. Forgive me :shrug:<p>[ July 25, 2003: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]</p>
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I think you should get some 2" sprint lowering springs....with the 17's you have, they will eliminate basically all of the wheelgap in your car and will at least have PROPER spring rates instead of the erroneous ones that cut springs create.<p>and they are cheaper to buy anyways..you can get them for like $160 plus shipping from a bunch of sites.<p>[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3man83:
Thanks to all of you who aren't retarded yet.<hr></blockquote><p>
So basically thanks to the following people:
1.)Ryanlindenburg
2.)ltjrunner
3.)Gro Harlem
4.)Ebucks
5.)Custommx3
6.)thebonestockkid
7.)protegests
8.)maldo
9.)sonicxtacy02<p>If your name was missing from this list and feel you should have been on it either pm me or stop being retarted yourself.
:D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
Registered: Aug 2002 .... 2 years???<p>Its quite obvious that the reason the people that do have these springs arent responding is the simple fact that the information IS out there and IS available to you via the search option. Topics on dropzone coilovers are just about as popular as the KL-ZE topic... and EVERYTIME the same information is relayed. Its delivered technically, scientifically, and literally and yet the same questions are still being asked. Lets try one more time......<p>the spring rate on these coilovers is TOO high for your application. YES they will fit on your car, NO they wont provide any greater level of handling or driveability. NO they will not acheive a "true" 4 inch drop... nor would anyone to tell you to ride with a 4 inch drop with our suspension setup. With minimal exceptions, the people who HAVE purchased then kit HAVE said that it sucks. Its not just this board. Look at ANY performance board and you'll see the same thing. Personally, i've driven em... and to reiterate it yet again...THEY SUCK. <p>However...<p>in your particular case... buy them. Buy ANY springs to replaced your cut ones. :shrug: <hr></blockquote><p>Holy crap this is getting absolutely ridiculous! I have moved on from the dropzone coilovers, I am now looking into H and R springs! I do not have cut springs, I do not know why everyone is assuming that??? I have a bonestock GS suspension set up at this point of time. I have been a member for almost two years, I was under the name phantom12183 previously.
My Cardomain site
maldo

Post by maldo »

Maybe I should join Jesse in taking a sabatical from this UBB? Maybe I should take all of the useless crap I have posted in the past about the B series engines with me? Maybe I shouldn't laugh when one of you guys messes up with your B6T swap because there was no useful info available? Maybe I should go away like Jeff, Vaughn, Luc, Tekguy and Coleman?<p>You guys let me know what you want me to do. I do have a lot of better things to do than to help ungrateful people with their questions.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

NOOOO!....maldo, not you too. But in all seriousness, it would be sad to see you go too. I dunno, i'v learned alot from you about the b6t swap (even though i choose the less taken path of turbocharging a stock 1.6l sohc :D ). I typically sit back and read this board, but im with you and Jesse, the board has changed. Not sure if this matters, but im one of those people that likes looks/apperance, as well as performance and technical information. ok, well i gotta go
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

My friend has H&R springs on his mr2 and it lowers it nicely, but he has stock struts and the ride is really bumpy and kinda harsh, get struts with them if you do get the h&R's.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

PM Vlad, he has H&R's and Tokico struts
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

I'm lowering my car after exams finish this summer (if in fact nobody buys it - debating whether to put it in trader). I was going to go with Eibach Sport kit, 1.5" in the front, 1.2" in the back, and this is an RS.<p>App. Notes say stock struts. $345 CDN is the best price i can find in KW.<p>Rob
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”