Turbo set up for BP warning *PICTURE INTENSIVE*

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
What

Re: Turbo set up for BP warning *PICTURE INTENSIVE*

Post by What »

poor guy, get out while you can! They don't get the chinooks like we do here, which is nice come this time of year.

I've built my own manifolds in the past with a skunky mig that looked like crap but worked well. This manifold was made by a guy I was working with. His shop is http://www.turbinetech.ca and is in Quebec. Best thing to do is email him to see if there are any specifics he is willing to part with.

The tubes are schedule 40 stainless mandrel bends, turbo flange is 3/8", the flange to the head is thicker if I recall correctly. (1/2"). I will still brace the turbo when it actually goes in regardless. The ceramic coating was more for the looks than the function... Topgun in Calgary offers lifetime warranty, even on the high gloss.
Morphector

Post by Morphector »

If you come back here that would be great if I could see your setup in person :)

Yep, the area is cool, but I don't like snow&cold at all and there's too much of both here :(
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Very nice!! Looks like that will turn out great. Maybe I missed another post. But what is done to the block?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
rebel2k4

Post by rebel2k4 »

Beautiful. That car should be quite the ride.
94 Mazda MX3 GS - 395 whp 397 ft lbs untuned on pump gas and stock KLDE 15 psi boost. now running 16 psi and E85.. numbers=? 425ish whp
04 GSXR 600- full exh, power commander 3, int turn signals, etc
98 Ford Ranger 3.0L
01 YZ250- most fun vehicle Ive ever owned.
95 Eclipse- built 420a, 60-1, megasquirt, 371 whp @ 17 psi, dsm-broken-car-curse
What

Post by What »

Thanks,

well morphector, we may go for a drive around Canada this summer. I'll let you know if we make it back east.

Hey bubba, this setup will just be overly efficient on 'lower' boost for a while.... Continually broken transmissions, cv shafts, and more broken fwd pieces will come more frequent with a built bottom end. The cash and time to do deal with the headaches from reasonable horsepower level that the stock bp bottom can handle, to a silly horsepower level isn't in the cards this year. Plan is to not change the fab'd parts from the get-go.

Return to “Forced Induction”