VJ14 HY-Bred

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: VJ14 HY-Bred

Post by Josh »

Spotted- my turbo is a VJ14 from an 89' 323 GTX. i got it at my local wreckers with manafold for 150. then within about 3K miles or so it went out, so i got it rebuilt with a VJ16 cartredge in it which the VJ16 is whats in the early 90's ford T-birds. so i have the spool up of the VJ14 but the boost of the 16.

Clayton that RSX had nothing on me. i think they were alittle ticked. and just so everyone knows the black smoke is just from big open exaust and just alittle too much fuel.

i will get to the Dyno hopefully this winter or in the next two months, im working on a custom exaust turbo manafold, and i have a custom intake going on. so after that ill go. i bet i will hit close to 250 to 300, or somewhere in there. should be fun
BuGS

Re: VJ14 HY-Bred

Post by BuGS »

I said that wrong. I meant you were going up to it and then slowing then back up like you were messing with it. It was a funny sight. But ya that RSX was mad. But that was awesome Josh! kewlest thing i have seen sence i went to the track 3 yrs ago. those dyno results are gonna be looked forward to; thats for sure...

Return to “Forced Induction”