Hybrid B6 DOHC - found a gtx donor...

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
maldo

Re: Hybrid B6 DOHC - found a gtx donor...

Post by maldo »

There are other units out there other than the Apex'i. The HKS AFC looks like a good system, can't remember if Blitz has one out or not.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i believe they work with our cars. jademx3turbo has one installed and said he has no problems with it. i'll know in a week or so if it works.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Well for an extra $150.00 to $200.00 I am thinking that reprograming your ecu is the way to go rather than a piggy back system. As far as the ECU compatability we are all talking about the B6E ecu right? I hope it does work and that I just installed it wrong, but everything that was done was leaning to the fact that something is wrong with the unit or ecu or both.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i agree, that a reprogrammed ecu(about 275) is the way to go. that's what i'm doing(should find out monday if it can be done) and then use the s-afc to tune when raising boost levels. jade has the same setup as you kicka$$mazda with the addition of an fmu and has said that he had no problems. so i think if they are hooked up and tuned properly, they will work.<p>[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

I was actually talking about the B6ZE (DOHC engine's) ECU.<P>To piggy or not to piggy? FM = $200 only?!<P>I thought it was more? But I can tune it with a lap top right? This sounds like fun!
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

I like the idea of a hybrid setup on my engine block could you tell in an easy format what I can swap into my DOHC 1.6 Liter 94 MX-3 from the the BPT 323 Engine.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

from the bpt or b6t? with the bpt being a 1.8, nothing will swap over to the b6. but from what i've seen, everything from the b6t is swappable.<p>[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: cre8v mx3 ]
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

off topic, but you found a BF chassis 323 GTX? Umm, drop the MX-3 and drive that....there arent too many left.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
jeff

Post by jeff »

alright I'm lost on this thing haha.. everyone is saying everything.. I have the whole B6T engine at my house and I'm in the process of getting it fixed up it's in pieces right now.. I just got the head all redone and everything and the turbo had to be fixed up a bit too.. so I have all that done and I'm the process of getting the new rings put in and everything.. now what I want to know is if I could just put the B6T head and the turbo on my car now? I have the 1.6 DOHC ?? is that possible, and if so how much boost could you run on that B6 with out breaking anything?
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

yes it's possible. but it's been said that the n/a head flows better than the b6t head. also, if you use the b6t head, you'll have to cut a hole in your hood. if you have it all apart, i suggest you drop in the b6t with the n/a head on it. but while it's apart, i'd go ahead and rebuild the bottom end. just my .02
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>yes it's possible. but it's been said that the n/a head flows better than the b6t head. also, if you use the b6t head, you'll have to cut a hole in your hood. if you have it all apart, i suggest you drop in the b6t with the n/a head on it. but while it's apart, i'd go ahead and rebuild the bottom end. just my .02</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Maldo will argue that the B6T head is better....i dont know myself.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

i myself do not know this to be true. i'm simply going by what others have said that have shown some type of comparison other than speculation. <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx<BR> <B>actually the stock dohc mx3 head flows better than the b6t head. at .300 lift on the intake side it flowed approximately 143.4 measured at 28". after some very good porting and a custom intake its up to 165. i would find a stock dohc head if i were you. and do some mild porting yourself.</B> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

I don't have any substantial proof of my own, I may get my head flowed when I get it back. I do know that when the GTX guys suffer a broken crank snout and replace the block with a '93 Auto miata block that they do swap the B6T head onto the miata block. There may be very little difference between the heads, the proof that was shown doesn't compare what the B6T head flows, only the B6ZE head. I do know that the B6T cam profile has a higher lift than the stock version on the MX-3 and Miata.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

but maldo<BR>are you comparing the flow of the sohc head to the flow of the dohc b6t head<P><BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
maldo

Post by maldo »

ummm, no. We have been referring to the dohc mx-3 head and the b6t head. Numbers were only given for the mx-3 dohc head, not the b6t head.

Return to “Forced Induction”