A Tx Meet in May?

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
RanMan

Re: A Tx Meet in May?

Post by RanMan »

Hello there....long time no hear (from me anyways). I have been busy with my Integra that I recently got. My wife still has her MX-3, so we are still going to continue fixing it up. I wanted to test the waters out and see what type of reaction I get before I try to organize anything. I am a member of the First Generation Integra website (similar to this discussion board). I have been checking around and the BFGoodrich NHRA Sport Compact Nationals will be in Ennis on August 9-10 this year. For those who attended last years TX meet in Ennis, I would LOVE to see you guys again. I was hoping to have the 2nd Annual Mx-3 Ennis meet this year. I had fun last year and would like to do it again. Deathtrap should remember. I am trying to organize a meeting of the Texas First Gen Integras also, and I thought that it would be cool to just all meet up at the same place and then all go to the races. This would let some of you "anti-honda" people a chance to show your stuff and race. I would be interested in seeing a race between a G1 Teg and an MX-3. The G1 Teg only had 118HP, so I think that it would be pretty close. At any rate, regardless of whether any G1 Tegs show up, I would like to have the 2nd annual Ennis meet and then go to the track. Maybe those who missed last year will be able to make it this time. Let me know if you would be interested in going. This gives you a few months preparation time (to think about it and to get your car tweaked out).
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

i think id be down for that. if youd like you can call me at 214 803 4845 or im me at chincmobile69. i live in farmers branch and have no idea how to get to ennis. but if you have an address i can figure it out. but let me know something and you can count me in for it.<P>jeremy
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

That sounds cool. I really want to have a larger turnout than last year. If you did not go last year, you missed some great action. I have some pictures from last years meeting. Check them out at <A HREF="http://64.26.43.10/mx3meet/mx3meet.html" TARGET=_blank>http://64.26.43.10/mx3meet/mx3meet.html</A> <BR> :eek:
mayflower

Post by mayflower »

Hey guys, umhh i might be a little late, but have ya had the meet yet? If not Umhh I would love to go!!!! :)
White 92 GS

no your not too late. the meet is supposed to be around the august 9-10 or something. i just need some more info on where its at. that way i can get work off and be there on time. cause i have no freakin idea how to get there. just give me some directions and ill be there. my number is posted in a previous post. just give me a call whenever if you want.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
mayflower

Post by mayflower »

Well where excatly is Ennis tx? Never heard of it. How far is it from Houston? Well Jeremy thanxs, I'll be sure to give you call, can anyother cars go? cause my boyfriend has a ford probe and he's in a car club here in houston, so it would be awesome just cruising all the way there. So let me now/ Yeah I also need directions<BR> :eek:
White 92 GS

im sure he would be more than welcome to go. and plus since hes gettin an integra group to go so im sure it would be fine. i look at it as more the marrier. but yeah the ennis track is somewhere around the dallas/ft worth area. i just dont know how to get there. :p but when ever you get a chance could you post some directions or something. or even meeting up somewhere and then cruise up there together would be fine with me.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

Did anyone on this board go to the 1st meet back in the day. We went to Jerry Pena's apt and then fudruckers....It had alot better turnout than the other one refered to in this post. I think we had 8 or 9 cars show up. I wanna see some of those guys again and see where the progress has come w/ some of the old schoolers as well as the newbies too :-p. <P>-Alex
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I apologize for the lack of response. I have been working 7 days a week for the past month, so I have been VERY busy. I am trying to scrape together some money to get my wife's MX-3 repainted before the August meeting. It will cost me about $500 in supplies (the labor will be free....done by me). It is TOTALLY fine to bring other cars besides MX-3's. You are correct, I am trying to organize a G1 Integra meeting at the same place, so the more the merrier! I am planning this to have FUN, not to be uptight about things, so who cares who shows up and what cars show up. I am going for ME. We only had about 4 MX-3's show up last year, but I still had fun. I plan that this year will be bigger and better. I am not sure if people want to meet and have lunch somewhere, or just meet somewhere and then caravan to the track. The track is south of the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex (so those from Houston and San Antonio will have to drive less than if we meet in Dallas/Ft Worth. The track is located on hiway 287. Use <A HREF="http://maps.expedia.com" TARGET=_blank>http://maps.expedia.com</A> for detailed directions, or go to <A HREF="http://www.texasmotorplex.com/travelinfo.php" TARGET=_blank>http://www.texasmotorplex.com/travelinfo.php</A>
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

wow, i hadn't checked on this thread for a bit and now it looks as though the tx mx3s are gonna meet up.<P>glad to hear from you again randy. i definately reccomend coming to this meet everyone. the event last year kicked a--. i'm pretty sure that i'll be able to make it. i'd be great to see some mx3's throw down on the track this year.<P>now i have a question for you guys. i know there are motels all along 45 on the way up there and i might not crash @ my friend's house this time. is $50 a good estimate per night? i just need to know how much money its gonna cost.<P>does anyone want to try to get stickers made for the "tx mx3 club"?
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten

well im planning on going. plus i want to see what my car will do in the 1/4 mile. i have the bpt and havent gone to the 1/4 mile track yet. i have gone to the 1/8 mile track. just wondering how much is it to race your car. basically count me in for going. unless something happens and i cant go but ill let you know.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I also had a great time last year and I too would like to see some MX-3's take to the track. I most likely will not run mine down the track because I need a better clutch (it slips on high RPM launches). Plus it is all show and NO go (at this point). I have a logo already for the TX MX-3 meeting. I just have to change it just a little to add the words 2nd Annual. Check it out. <P> Image
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

yea, i love that design. i think it'd be better to leave the 2nd annual off though. i think it'd look better on the cars just saying txmx3club. just a thought...
02 Protege DX Retired
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

not to mention this is the third TX meet....god damn none of my old TX MXers are on here anymore I guess :-/
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

-=deathtrap-mx3=-

guess not, but email them if you have their addresses.<P>how was dynasty?<BR>(off-topic question while we wait for more developments)
02 Protege DX Retired

Return to “MX-3 Meets”