Possible GB: Seat Re-uphostery kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bubbaflaat

Re: Possible GB: Seat Re-uphostery kits

Post by bubbaflaat »

I would definatly be interested in this GB. I would prolly want just a basic tweed. Will the price difer because of what fabric you want?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

Ah, i found the proper name for what i'm thinking of....vellux!

I want my seats done in vellux for sure!!
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
matt-gerrard
Supporting Member

Post by matt-gerrard »

MAN.......sounds like a good GB but BAAAAD time of year !!!!! :werd:
I just love the cars that we have no matt-er(lol) how little or much you do to them there all so beautiful!Drive it, like you stole it!'92 gs V6
http://www.dfwmazdas.com/vbulletin/imag ... 1148070546
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

matt notice Taras said AFTER the new year... so it might not be so bad
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you could do it in neoprene, I'd be interested. Possibly a nice colorful fabric, but I'm definitely interested if Neoprene can be offered. I don't want vinyl or leather. It goes against the design of the car. It's a $14K hatchback, not a luxury car. Anyways, my kids or dog would easily rip that kind of material.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

black on the sides, silver in the middle, with a black "MS" logo in the center is what ive been looking for.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Originally posted by fry_81:
black on the sides, silver in the middle, with a black "MS" logo in the center is what ive been looking for.
Me too with some swede or tweed inserts , Like ish from Pimp my Ride wood say , "these seats are *whistles* hot man .. haha
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

If we provide the material, what're we looking at for labor alone?
Taras

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by []D s y []D h y:
... thought bout getting RSi embroidered on the headrests is all, soon as i can find a font i like
Find a decent embroidery shop close to where you live and once you have the covers, get them to do the embroidery. Just do not let them screw-up, otherwise they are ruined. I did my embroidery on raw pieces of fabric and then Perry put it all together so it is all centered.
Originally posted by n_o_s_21:
I don't want sheep skin. Like you say, I could buy seat covers like that. I was thinking something towards like bear/mink fur. something like that, black used as an insert. Anyways, since nothing like that is available, I am wondering about velour? I know alot of upolstery shops used to use it to redo seats, but I'm not sure about it anymore. I would love a carbon fibre(black) seat with a velour(also black) center inset. that would be cool, also if lime green stitching and embroidery could be added to match the shifter and e-brake... let me know prices as you know more Taras. Thx, Will
PETA will put your car on an Offenders list if you have your seats in Mink fur. Man, that's a lot of minks.

I'll check on Velour for you. CF Vinyl with Velour may not go together. You have to be careful mixing patterns. I'll check on that too. Did you check Lime Green samples I posted in the other thread? I did not see your reply.
Originally posted by Jordan Sykes:
...Will the C/F vinyl look really close to the C/F vinyl from the other group buy for the shifter boots? :froggie_red:
Same CF Vinyl material, virtually indestructible. Ah, I wish I could get a picture of a Lincoln Navigator Limo that Perry did in CF Vinyl. Apparently looks very cool. Hard to judge pattern/colour from little sample pieces.
Originally posted by Bubbaflaat:
... I would prolly want just a basic tweed. Will the price difer because of what fabric you want?
Tweed is nice. Mine still look brand new after a year and a half of use. As far as a price, I think it will differ greatly if leather or real Suede is used. Differences between Honda Cloth, Tweed, Vinyl and CF Vinyl could vary, but I am sure not by much. We are still working out the pricing.
Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
Ah, i found the proper name for what i'm thinking of....vellux!

I want my seats done in vellux for sure!!
I'll Check what Vellux is. Is it a Trade/Company name or Material Name?
Originally posted by lakersfan1:
If you could do it in neoprene, I'd be interested. ....I'm definitely interested if Neoprene can be offered.
Like a Wet Suit material? Or a rubberized nylon?
Originally posted by lakersfan1:
If we provide the material, what're we looking at for labor alone?
I'll ask....

<small>[ December 16, 2004, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: JDM ]</small>
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
chippedpaint

Post by chippedpaint »

I'd definitely be in if i could get the black vinyl on the sides and silver/gray on the inside (where the teal is now) in the same fabric...I think it's a great idea seeing as how easy our seats are to get apart
sold my civic for my mx-3 and its the smartest thing i've ever done
Taras

Post by Taras »

Everyone, Please let me know your thoughts on when it would be good to setup this GB? Seems like there is a lot of concern about it. As I mentioned before, this thread is about a POSSIBLE GB, there seems to be a lot of interest in these seats. Keep it up. We need to finish a Boot GB first, plus I have not gotten the pricing figured out or talked to Jeff about it.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I think a good time to start the GB would be like mid January, so then everyone can recover from christmas!
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yeah like bubba said...but I'm afraid of the cost for shipping in this gb :freak:
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
perry

Post by perry »

As most of you know, Taras [ a good customer of mine] and I have been relayind info about GB shifter and e-brake kits. I'm the person responsible for the making of all your boots. I'm liking that there is alot of interest in upholstery kits. I'm still deciding what the price will be. From all your different ideas I have to keep adjusting the price. Taras has been great at relaying all we have been talked about. If there are any questions about materials and colours please ask. I won't be taking over Taras's postings, he knows his way around this site better. When the GB upholstery list is finalized I can go over the finer details with each customer about their kit. It is first come first serve because to recover front and back takes 1.5 -2 days for an excellent finished product. A sample set will be displayd on a set of seats for everyone to see. I want to show the excellent fit and finish compared to some I've seen. I feel everyone involved will be very impressed with the quality all around.
Thanks Perry
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i know theres no finalized price as of yet, but how much are they going to be, ballpark figures here. are we talking a couple hundred bucks? somewhere north of 500?
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com

Return to “Appearance”