Tricked out tail lights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: Tricked out tail lights

Post by Josh »

Originally posted by johnnyb:
Originally posted by Josh:
I dont believe altezza lights were DOT approved either so they're illegal to have quote]

I'm sure you believe they're legal but most aftermarket companies dont even bother trying to make them street legal because it would up their costs. If they came in a box check the whole box and see if "for offroad use only" is printed anywhere on the box. Most lighting bolt ons say that because its too much work to make them legal for the road.
[/quote]well im not type of dumb A** who doesent know what im talking about. and i know why their not DOT. and mine didnt come in a box that said for Off road use only. so beleve what ever you want. i had them checked out by washington state patrol and they approved them. in fact they are brighter than my oem lights. and they can be seen from more than 150'. so think what you want. if you guys think their so illegal then dont buy them, they said i had nothing to worrie about. in fact they said they were better than the stock ones because they were brighter, and had a larger reflector. besied if you dont think their bright enough then throw some red LED's in their.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Originally posted by matt-gerrard:
don't be a rycer be a RIDER .....black altezzas will be much better than some
contact paper With cut outs !!!!!! ......take your time and save up :werd:
and you think altezzas arent rice by definition?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

well im not type of dumb A** who doesent know what im talking about. and i know why their not DOT. and mine didnt come in a box that said for Off road use only. so beleve what ever you want. i had them checked out by washington state patrol and they approved them. in fact they are brighter than my oem lights. and they can be seen from more than 150'. so think what you want. if you guys think their so illegal then dont buy them, they said i had nothing to worrie about. in fact they said they were better than the stock ones because they were brighter, and had a larger reflector. besied if you dont think their bright enough then throw some red LED's in their.
[/quote]I never said you were a dumbass I'm just saying unless they were inspected by the department of transportation and approved then cops can give you a ticket. If you look at your stock lights they say DOT on them which means that they are approved for use. It has no impact whether or not a cop said they're legal because another cop can still give you a ticket for them because they dont have that DOT marking on them. They use their discretion on the side of the road and all he has to prove in court is they A: arent factory and B: there is no marking stating they're approved for road use. If you get a ticket and fight it be prepared for that. I understand everyone thinks "oh hey they have a red light and an amber light so that means I cant get a ticket" but its just not the case.

<small>[ November 16, 2004, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: johnnyb ]</small>

Return to “Appearance”