Fiberglass door skins

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx almere

Re: Fiberglass door skins

Post by mx almere »

@Joe

It is possible to install a remote controlled door opener, so you nog longer have need for door handles.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

first off you would never get a full fiberglass door made for 150 a set your dreaming....and if he knew how shaved handles worked he wouldnt have asked.....im sure there was a time when you didnt know how they worked...everyone seems to forget they too had to learn what they know...
TekPmp

Post by TekPmp »

Thanks guys :D
Black 94 RS, Erebuni MS style front, OEM sideskirts, Clear signals, altezza tails, 93 seats, Civic projectors
drift

Post by drift »

id pay 120-150 for em if they came with shaved handles. :cool:
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

people they don't 'come with shaved handles' because they've NEVER had handles to begin with! all they do is make your car look like you shaved your handles off. of course you'll need a kit to get your door open.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by marshmallow15:
people they don't 'come with shaved handles' because they've NEVER had handles to begin with! all they do is make your car look like you shaved your handles off. of course you'll need a kit to get your door open.
they can be made with handles, but i figured if someone would wanna go with fiberglass skins, why not shave handles at same time... :welder:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

yea.. door poppers! that would be a cool thing to have lol..

but anyway, how would u make the door skins? and i'm a lil confused about what a "skin" is. the door is a complete metal frame right? or is there an outter piece that bolts to it? thanx guyz.. i would really love to see this made :2thumbsup:
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

no door consists of two parts, skin, that is welded onto frame(onto which everything bolts onto, ie power windows, etc)
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

i was going to make some my self, but if your willing to do it ill pay 150 for them, as long as there not full of bondo that is.

i like the idea of not getting door dings, is seems i get a new one every time i go somewhere.

Return to “Appearance”