HOWTO: tint headlights and make em look like glass

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
anjin1982

Re: HOWTO: tint headlights and make em look like glass

Post by anjin1982 »

So the product? i want it!!!!!! :crying:
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by marshmallow15:
EDIT: sure sure i'll tell you guys. call up your local hobby shop and ask if they have a window tint spray called 'pactra racing finish' and ask for it in gray or black. IMPORTANT: make sure you get the one that contains no lead (as in the material on pencils) because if you get the one with lead, it will affect lighting. the product w/o lead will not affect your lighting.<p>clean off your headlights and then spray one light thin coat. if its not enough shine, put one more thin coat and let it dry in the sun. if you put 4 or more, it will start to get a bit darker. but the first two coats they looked perfect. (note if you can't get this product, let me know and i'll be happy to send you one)<hr></blockquote><p>there ya go. :D
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

why would you post this as a "How To" if your not even gonna tell the product needed for the "How to"?
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i dont want to make you look stupid or anything, but if you'll notice my post right above yours, i already posted the product and how to get it and how to use it. :p
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
catalyst

Post by catalyst »

Pactra Racing Finish rules! I bought it to give it a try, and my headlights really do look great now. I cleaned them off first with rubbing alcohol and then sprayed a very light coat (about 12" distance from the headlights while they were still in my car). My visibility has improved incredibly, I can't wait to pop in some brighter bulbs!

My Dad is going to spray the window tint on his Ford Contour's headlight covers, he's really impressed with the finish.

catalyst
'92 GS Blaze Red
Pearl-JapSpec

Post by Pearl-JapSpec »

ya i did it too...
im gonna take em out again, wetsand them, remove the nipples....
and maybe another coat.
Car Out Of Order For Now...
2 weeks In counting till re-incarnation!!
New G-Force Front Bumper!!
-_-_-_- Pics On Site -_-_-_-
http://members.cardomain.com/mx3_junkee
Machelski65

Post by Machelski65 »

Awesome , gonna hafta check and see if hobby shop has some tomorrow. My MX is white , black or grey? Anyone try the grey? Thanks marsh for the info, btw how did you find such a product?
A.J.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Hey how well do guys think this stuff would work on side windows? Most towns/cities, states/provinces have tinting laws. I think this would be a good way to get by the law... anyone agree?....shot in the dark
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

a correction guys, these window tint cans don't come in gray, black only. however there is no real difference you can get the gray effect with the black if used correctly. i usually vision the car in my head beforehand and then scavenge my town for anything that can help that vision come true, and thats how i found this product. i took a risk, tried it, and came out great.

talon_66: i was thinking the same thing and the guy recommended tinting from the inside. to get a super clean tint job, you'd have to remove the door panel, unscrew the window glass, and tint from there when removing the glass panel. but i dont think the law would care how the windows got tinted or however.. i think the only thing that wuld matter to them is if it's tinted, it's tinted. and it would suck with a spray because if you get a fix-it ticket, you'd have to buy a new window rather than having to scrape off the regular tint.
- team slideways
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

From what I have heard about our provinces tint laws, as long as its not a film tint ur fine. Smoking the windows is fine, because its considered "stock". Maybe u could sway the dumb cop into believing it
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*

Post by Guest »

I won't to know if we could put a list together of all the places you've all found this stuff cause I can't seem to find any.
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Originally posted by MORBIDEL BOB:
I won't to know if we could put a list together of all the places you've all found this stuff cause I can't seem to find any.
If you do a search on Google for 'pactra racing finish', you'll find a slew of websites that sell it. Plus, any hobby shop should have it too...
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien

Post by Guest »

thanks
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

I called my local hobby shop, and they do carry the entire Pactra line, however they had no idea of what 'Pactra Racing Finish' is and how there could be a non-lead based version...either that or the guy heard me wrong. I guess I'll stop by and check it out.
Low3-XM

Post by Low3-XM »

pics don't work i wannna see what these look like

Return to “Appearance”