Lambo style doorsl

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Lambo style doorsl

Post by Custommx3 »

If anyone knows anyone that actually has them, snap some pics of the setup. Id very much appreciate it.
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

With information i have, It has step by step pics on installing a set
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

then whats the hold up :)
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

OH MY GOD!!
so i checked out Autoloc.. and they do have the stuff!.. BUT it costs from $1900 - $2500, over $1000 more than the kit that Decah produces. Not to mention Decah's kit is a simple bolt on, where Autoloc's will take professional installation and twice as long.<p>I bet the 95 civic kit would work fine on mx3 doors.. or can be made to work. The Decah style hinge kits can be found on ebay for around $1300, or in online pages around tha net for around $1400-1500, which isnt that much considering the final results! ;) hehe so for anybody who hasnt seen it, here is the site:
www.decah.net
SOMEBODY DO IT!! (or else i will) wahh haha<p>~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Thats funny this got brought up because I'm working on it starting next week. I have a pretty good Idea of what Im gonna do, similar to what marshmellow said. I'll keep updated with pics and instructions if it works right.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sam Baker:
OH MY GOD!!
so i checked out Autoloc.. and they do have the stuff!.. BUT it costs from $1900 - $2500, over $1000 more than the kit that Decah produces. Not to mention Decah's kit is a simple bolt on, where Autoloc's will take professional installation and twice as long.<p>I bet the 95 civic kit would work fine on mx3 doors.. or can be made to work. The Decah style hinge kits can be found on ebay for around $1300, or in online pages around tha net for around $1400-1500, which isnt that much considering the final results! ;) hehe so for anybody who hasnt seen it, here is the site:
www.decah.net
SOMEBODY DO IT!! (or else i will) wahh haha<p>~ sam
<hr></blockquote><p>the one from autoloc is universal, but its not lambo style.. its suicide style. big difference there.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

It's in HCI (Hot Compact & Imports Mag.) in July 2003 issue. <p>later,
deeImage
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

What is suicide style, and could someone post a pic or URL to show me what this looks like? :shrug:
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Basically its your door hinge is on the opposite side of the door. By the back of the car instead of near the front.
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

Yo Autoloc does* advertize their product as a lambo-style door kit, and the kits come with the gas struts, so they cant be suicide doors. either way, suicide doors arent half as cool as lamborghini'z! :D so somebody do it! i noticed the space within the door frame is VERY tiny.. a hinge would have to be like 2" across to even fit in it. anybody know of a hinge that strong?<p>~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dragon1976_27:
What is suicide style, and could someone post a pic or URL to show me what this looks like? :)
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Here is a BADA** Civic here in Atlanta with Suicide doors.<p>:D
~Perry
Please visit
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Atlantamx3... I love your post man that's some of the funniest sh*t!! Don't ever worry about offending me, I've been a bouncer for 3 years now, and that was witty of you to post!!! :D
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dragon1976_27:
Atlantamx3... I love your post man that's some of the funniest sh*t!! Don't ever worry about offending me, I've been a bouncer for 3 years now, and that was witty of you to post!!! :D <hr></blockquote><p>
LOL-- Thanks man-- <p> You never can tell if your comments are going to offend anyone-- even if they are meant for a laugh. People always think that if you are a smarta** on one post then you are a jerk and you hate them.<p>LOL-- glad you thought it was funny. <p> Did you check out that link I posted?? That civic is freakin awesome.
:D
~Perry
Please visit
Dragon1976_27

Post by Dragon1976_27 »

Yah I did, it was a sweeta** ride! I was sittin' around last night thinkin' about it, and was wondering if anyone had ever tried doin' a door conversion like the delorean in Back to the future, or if the MX-3 frame could support that kind of design say if the doors were lightened with Carbonfiber?

Return to “Appearance”