Clear hood? yes or no

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Clear hood? yes or no

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

they're are not street legal or DOT approved so they cant be used on the roads. My guess would be the material the hood is made out of bein unsafe in a crash.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
they're are not street legal or DOT approved so they cant be used on the roads. My guess would be the material the hood is made out of bein unsafe in a crash.<hr></blockquote><p>Legally or not, you can drive without a hood here in Memphis. I can pull beside a cop with my hood off, and he'd just probably check out my motor.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

hell if you want people to see your engine drive without a hood. I know for a fact its not legal to have a clear hood though. The Street Dreams honda division boys all got busted at an Accotink meet we had last halloween. They were all lined up and each got ticketed for the hood and other things. Just warnin ya.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Boy, its good to hear cops protecting and serving everyone from those big bad clear hoods. ;) :p
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Post by Guest »

well im not down with the clear hood thing but the k-series engine is a good looking engine compared to most, so if it was dressed up and clean it might look tight, probably not though, but its all about personal preference.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> well im not down with the clear hood thing but the k-series engine is a good looking engine compared to most, so if it was dressed up and clean it might look tight, probably not though, but its all about personal preference. <hr></blockquote><p>u r right sureshiit....it is about personal prefference. that is what makes each of our great cars so unique. we all have different ideas of what we think looks good. very good point. thanx.
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

they are made from acrylic no? In an accident I think they might be decapitating. :shrug:
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Return to “Appearance”