DO NOT BUY FIBERGLASS / CARBON FIBER HOOD

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Nd4SpdSe

Re: DO NOT BUY FIBERGLASS / CARBON FIBER HOOD

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

whoa, well, as my boss would say, "No good deed goes unpunished"<p>I noticed, in many, many situations, there are 2 types of people<p>1)People that are impatient, want it now. Those people in the end ususally have a long list of complaints about the product as well after they receive it
2)People that will sit back and wait,and wait, and wait, until the product is at its perfection, knowing that perfection takes time.<p>Dont get frustrated, and im positive that you've pleased many, many people, more than people with negative comments.<p>I feel thast i must add something. I was looking into getting a body kit sometime next, er, this year. I was looking at the FX Designs Combat Front bumper, side skits and spoiler. However, i did follow your design of the Protégé bumper. Although i found it really nice for you guys to actually design the bumper, but what blew me away is that you posted picture of the current prototype, got feedback and adjusted accordingly :D<p>[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
maldo

Post by maldo »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>So if everything is fine and my proposal is ok, we can start this next week and have it done within 3 weeks.... <hr></blockquote><p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Other thing, you guys will need to buy the stock mp3-mp5 fog light.. cuz we will buy them and custom made the enclosure for the real mp5 fog light!
<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>once We receive a deposit to start the production... it will take 2 week to completely design and construct that bumper....<p>after this, it will take 10 days to make 10 bumper....<p>and we ship them to oscar...<p>approx 1 month... that all!
<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>the MP5 fog are 6".. We can supply them but they run 100$ taxes in with our big discount with local performance shop...
Or using 4 inches fog... but 6" will look like mp5 better than 4"
<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>So we will be obligated to custom the grill section like the picture submitted... but you need to forget the mp5 grill set... its too expensive and too wide!<p>we will make it like the picture and insert some cool mesh grill, dont worry for that It gonna be awersome...
<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>if someone want to double check in a performance shop in usa if they are available.. it would be cool! Im not making any profit on this, and Im getting an 20% discount from my local performance shop <hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>I will get those fogs next week, I ordered a pâir and you will see them soon <hr></blockquote><p>Saved by the archives:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>mesh grill isnt included... you can buy them for cheap at home depot and stick it with puttey or bondo
<hr></blockquote>
but wait:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> we need to keep the top parts just under the hood, its from there that all your bumper get's hold.. First we wanted to put mesh grill in front of that brace but how will the mesh grill will be fixed in the upper parts ???!!!
<hr></blockquote>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Ive been searching all around for 5" fog, I didnt find any, there is 5 speedshop calling manufacturer for detailled information, they dont give diameter in the catalog!!<p>We will be selling them, as extra. The hole for the fog will be drilled, but you will need to install it yourself
<hr></blockquote><p>I totally understand production problems but there seems to be a few too many things that weren't delivered. Maybe I will have a better feeling from this GB once mine arrives.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Fog lights are my number one problem.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

jcwhitney has some 4" and 6" fogs from $60-120
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

sounds like onground is playa hatin..
i thought....that they were gonna get the lights...<p>& inserting mesh might not be cost affective.........but the customer is always right....<p>the 1000 buck for the hood is that candian or USA<p>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
maldo

Post by maldo »

Too bad we designed the holes around the promised 5" lights. :shrug:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monty73741:
...<p>& inserting mesh might not be cost affective.........but the customer is always right....<p>the 1000 buck for the hood is that candian or USA<p>jason<hr></blockquote><p> That is in Canadian. I am looking for a company that makes a set of 5 inch lights. No luck yet...
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

ahhhhhh........
so wouldnt that be about 500+ usd<p>did you see if any off road light would fit
personally i like the bumper but its not my style
what about checking for wrecked mp
jason
Jason Danaher
maldo

Post by maldo »

Piaa 510s are close in shape but don't apear to be perfectly round. Not sure of the cost though.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Ooops, not sure what happened there.
:shrug:<p>[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: maldo ]</p>
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by maldo:
Piaa 510s are close in shape but don't apear to be perfectly round. Not sure of the cost though.<hr></blockquote><p> They are round but at a 200 dollar price tag. Ouch.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

hmmmm
some one needs to rob a mazda dealer
jasonheheheheh
just kidding
Jason Danaher
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

In all my searching there are NO 5" fog lights. There are lots of lights out there that are 5", or verrry close to it, but they have a driving pattern light, so that wouldn't work, unless you want it just for looks.<p>Does the hole for the lights on the bumper have room for some modification to 6" ???<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
maldo

Post by maldo »

I would actually prefer driving lights to fog lights. Either way, there are few to choose from and those that are available are pricy.
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Well, here is a quick list of what I would use then to fill the hole. Driving lights would give you some pretty good light, but mind you, not as good as they could because of the low mounting.<p>5" Off-Road Jeep Lights<p>Same of above, but different brand and quality (unknown however)<p>Plus I know PIAA has some superb off-road, as well as Hella, driving lights that are in that size range. Ractive makes some driving lights with "halos" too now that I think are that size.<p>For this small of driving light they wont be expensive. Probably looking around $30 (US) to $100 (US) for a pair.<p>Good luck.
~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)

Return to “Appearance”