Carbon Fiber Fenders anyone?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
aznwithamx3

Re: Carbon Fiber Fenders anyone?

Post by aznwithamx3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG>why dont we just carbonize the whole car... maybe it'll fly lol</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hahahahaha lol
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

carbon fiber fenders would just be pointless if you painted them...I mean come on, how much weight could it possibly take off?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Well, think of it this way, if you start with little things like the fenders, hood, bumpers, sideskirts and then work your way into pretty much a WHOLE carbon fiber body, how much weight do you think you'd save??? A TONNE!!!<P>You can get carbon fiber valve covers for Hondas now! It's crazy these days with CF.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

yeah and the average mx-3 driver is going to want to spend thousands of dollars converting their entire body into carbon fiber...just to paint over it...hhmmmm..not sure if that would be very popular...If you want to lose weight just have it made out of fiberglass...so when u get into an accident you can look like a crushed soda can.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

just go to walmart and by the carbon fiber decals and put them on your hole car. Wow how is that for an idea!
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mazda_stud:<BR><STRONG>just go to walmart and by the carbon fiber decals and put them on your hole car. Wow how is that for an idea!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Wow! how bout not.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
dropitlikeitshot

Post by dropitlikeitshot »

i like the cf fenders if u made them i would buy it. It may look like my car needs a paint job but thats ok. :D
Hot damn its a new day!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/nappyforawhile(Updated)
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>yeah and the average mx-3 driver is going to want to spend thousands of dollars converting their entire body into carbon fiber...just to paint over it...hhmmmm..not sure if that would be very popular...If you want to lose weight just have it made out of fiberglass...so when u get into an accident you can look like a crushed soda can.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, I know the average driver wouldn't, but the ones that even consider CF might. Fiberglass is good too, and so is polyurethane. It would be kewl to have a whole body in either if that stuff, since it is really cheap.<P>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I have two points that i am trying to make...one, any company that took this project on would be in for a big loss..there isnt enough mx-3 owners that would want to put that kind of money into something that is just going to be painted over..two, carbon fiber fenders that werent painted over would look so dumb..<P>Now fiberglass fenders are something to consider..I personally wouldnt get them but im sure ther is some mx3 owners out there would...
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

keep in mind i am just stating my opinion..You may think differntly though, and thats fine...feel free to state your opinion but dont let this thread turn into a bickering argument..
My Cardomain site
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>, carbon fiber fenders that werent painted over would look so dumb..<P>Now fiberglass fenders are something to consider..I personally wouldnt get them but im sure ther is some mx3 owners out there would...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Why would they look dumb? They would match the rest of the car. I wouldnt use fiberglass. If you got in an accident youre askin for it. at least CF fenders are functional in removing weight and adding strength to the front of the car.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Wow Jarid. Your car is gona look totally different by the time the next big MX-West meet.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
dropitlikeitshot

how much would the cf fenders cost if u were to make them?
Hot damn its a new day!!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

If you read the post again you will see that i said "carbon fiber fenders that WEREN'T painted over would look so dumb"..meaning your car would be one color and the fenders would be carbon fiber....which in my opinion would be not cool at all.
My Cardomain site
dropitlikeitshot

if u have the cf hood and cf fenders that would be cool. I dont care if my car looks like crap im not in it for show. I have another friend that is interested cf fenders.i dont really care for the z3 fenders on cf fenders. You have 2 buyers if this happens :D
Hot damn its a new day!!

Return to “Appearance”