Z3 fenders- For interest only!

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Z3 fenders- For interest only!

Post by cjthor »

Z3 fenders......Belong on a Z3. I personally think they look bad on civics and stuff....Probably cuz I look at Z3's all day and they look much much much better on a bmw than a rice-mobile...but that's just my opinion.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

Ok...so can you tell me where to get some decent quality fiberglass fenders?
You did what to what?!?!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><STRONG>Z3 fenders......Belong on a Z3.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>HAHAHA. Enuff said. :)<P>I don't know of anyone that makes fiberglass fenders for the MX-3. If you wanna wait a few weeks I could build you some maybe.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

I dont mind the wait provided they are cheaper then the 190 bucks each from a junkyard that I am currently being quoted, I really need the drivers side pretty bad, due to the dent, the lower lip on the fender scoops out tire every time I hit a bump too hard...I want to get the fender fixed before I replace the tire...else it will scoop too deep and I will die...heh..so what can you do, perhaps flare the fender a bit as well? what kinda of prices are we talking about..I wonder what a flared fender kit would look like on the mx-3, touring style, kinda like M3ish..the rears would be a beyatch I would guess...
You did what to what?!?!
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

So are gforce going to start selling the z3 fenders. I mean I don't care if it is rice or whatever I want a pair. I like them so what.
Hector Gomez

Post by Hector Gomez »

I like the Flared fender idea, anyone can do something in Photoshop to see how it looks like??
Hector Gomez
Owner of the first modded MX-3 in Mexico!
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

Yeah flaring the fenders would really look nice I think, and it would help to cover my 245's as they kinda stick out now...but like I said, the rears would be a beyatch, unless you could make a pair that can bolt on the rear via hex and you can saw the fender area off a bit, but i think that would ruin the rear body integrity..
You did what to what?!?!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I would most likely only do an exact repliaca in fiberglass or acarbon fiber if you want to pay the extra price. I would most likely only charge you price of supplies plus shipping. I'd guess about $100-150 for the FG and I dunno how much for CF since I havn't pried it for a while. I'm not much for custom work because you wouldn't be here to tell me what you want so it may not come out the way you like. I can't afford to build fenders that you don't like because I can't charge you if it's not to your specifications ya know. The other problem I face is I would have to use my own fender for the mold. Let me know.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

100-150 per fender or both? I think that sounds pretty resonable, I understand about the whole custom thing...if you can reproduce an original fender in fiberglass, im pretty sure I would pick a pair up from you..
You did what to what?!?!
Anto

Post by Anto »

Eviltwinkie,<P>How the hell did you fit 245 series tires on your MX-3?<P>I have 215's on mine and they rub...<BR>Do you have pictures?<P>Anto
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

I am currently running 225/45R17 for the winter season...they are my contisport touring tires...I dont like to be slippin an slidin all over the street when it rains and with the upcoming winter touring tires are the best way to go, still give enough grip for the wet/winter season. I usually only use the 245's in the summer/track. They are Pirelli P7000 - Size 245/35YR17<BR> <A HREF="http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp ... 435YR77000" TARGET=_blank>P7000</A><P>The 245/35 is a really low profile tire, and as such if you dont have a rediculously low drop and a screwed up suspension, it doesnt rub. Trust me I spent many hours trying to squish in the fattest tire I could for my upcoming turbo kit, the first time I did it I was having serious traction issues. So this time around I spent the time and figured out the widest tire I could fit in there without rub. The 225's are rubbing now because of the fender problem, that fender now has a peak that dips lower by 1.5in and I cant hammer it back up without screwing up the underside. Hence...I need new fenders, preferably flared (hint hint..heh)..but at this point standard will do as my conti's are taking the abuse...<P>Oh and no I dont have pictures...if you want as soon as the winter season is over I'll take some pictures with the 245's on and show you that it is possible...<p>[ October 26, 2002: Message edited by: eviltwinkie ]
You did what to what?!?!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eviltwinkie:<BR><STRONG>100-150 per fender or both? I think that sounds pretty resonable, I understand about the whole custom thing...if you can reproduce an original fender in fiberglass, im pretty sure I would pick a pair up from you..</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Most likely for both. It all depends on how much the fiberglass is when I pick it up
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
eviltwinkie

Post by eviltwinkie »

So can you repaint it the brilliant black as well...what do we have to do to get this going?
You did what to what?!?!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eviltwinkie:<BR><STRONG>So can you repaint it the brilliant black as well...what do we have to do to get this going?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Painting is probably not an option right now. Although I may change my mind. I don't have the paint so I will have to buy new paint to do it. I will have to check on the supplies and see how much money it is going to take. I will check it out and get back to you. You want both front fenders correct? <P>I need to know the paint code if you want me to paint it also. I will get all the info on prices and everything. Hopefully I can have it by the end of the week.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
tivo0131

Post by tivo0131 »

so..... are you gonna do the z3 fenders or are you just making regular fenders in fiberglass????? i'm a little confused if your making z3 fenders then i am interested in getiing both sides but if its just the fiberglass i only need the driver side how much for just one side??

Return to “Appearance”