My ZE is running like Poo

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DavidOS

Re: My ZE is running like Poo

Post by DavidOS »

could be a broken plug ya, you will want to make sure you have the right plugs fitted into your ze as well bud:)
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I am using the plugs that are for Ford Probes (2.5L)
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

should buy new plugs,

ngk i think the type is Bkr6e11
or something like that specific for the KLZE

also do a search on plug types for the klze on here
and maybe on the NGK website
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

What do you mean it popped off? the Wire? or the Plug itself? You should be able to get the wire to fit on the plug and disty, if its coming off the plug try pushing some of the wire through the boot. If all else fails, Duct tape! :freak:
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Hmmm I will check that out.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Ok. When I go to a parts store, looking for a spark plug, which vehicle should I search by?

The plug that pops onto the spark plug, that was physically out of the hole in which it connects to the Spark plug
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You want spark plugs for a 1993 ford probe 4 cylinder. They are the same as the V-6 but one heat range colder, thats what the ZE needs.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I think we figured it out, turns out the spark plugs weren't completely tightened. And were loose.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

:roll: :roll:
why would you want your spark plugs tight? :werd:
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

hahahaha always the bastard, eh curt :roll:
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Well the problem is still there, a friend and I adjusted my Idle after I got home from work, was running fine. This morning I go to start the car and it starts shaking and feels like its running on 3 or 4 cylinders, but after 2 minutes the car smoothed out, and the idle dropped to normal. What the HELL?!
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

could be a cracked bottom end (crank)
can cause massive shakes even from a hairline fracture in the crank.

curtklze

Post by curtklze »

leakey injectors?
head gasket leak?
intake manifold gasket leak, spray brake cleaner around the head/manifold area when running bad and see if the Idle changes?
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

For the first 4 days after the swap everything just ran great. Now its just going to hell. My car stalled 3 times on the way to work. Idle would start at 850 and slowly drop to nothing.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Well I talked to the guy who did the install
He thinks its one of the following problems:
1. Stock K8 distributor
2. My Left O2 sensor
3. ECU (KLZE)
4. Exhaust (back pressure)
5. Needs a Tune up

Im going to be installing my Stock ECU tomorrow and adjusting the TPS to see if it runs any better.
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”