ze wont start help!!1

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Re: ze wont start help!!1

Post by Guest »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zoso124:
<p>You can't get any kind of timing mark with the motor just cranking, the light will be jumping all over the place, your best bet is to stick the disty in about the middle and tighten the bolt slightly.<p>Reving it up to 6k isn't gonna prove anything, just blip the throttle to keep it running, adjust the timing after the engine has warmed up.<p>I don't know how many times you have flooded but I would think you'd score the cylinders before you'd totally contaminate the oil.<p>So do as curt said and put some vaccum on the FPR.<p>[ May 22, 2003: Message edited by: Zoso124 ]<hr></blockquote><p>hes a mechanic i would trust curt!!!!!!!!
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dj_Pawz_GS:
<p>hes a mechanic i would trust curt!!!!!!!!<hr></blockquote><p>Everyone is entitled to their own a opinion, we're just trying to give every idea we can to help Buff get his car running. I wish we had more guys on this list like Curt, instead we have a few thousand members with a reading level no higher then 6th grade.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

thanks for all the replys and opinions, im gonna try curts procedure tomm nite after werk, this morning i removed the polugs and put some iol in each cylinder. the original cause of my problem was my own dam fault though, i didnt relize that the fuel pressure solenoid wasnt hooked up correctly, so thats good, all connections, grounds and vacuum are good. hopefully tomm nite i can get her to run. ill let everyone know.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

ok everything is straitened out now and she runs.
my problem the whole time was the timing. the cam timing was on the money but the crank was off 120degrees. so after a new timing belt and water pump install she fired right up. the idle jumps around bc i still have to swap the iac from my k8.
whos ready for englishtown? raceway park get ready
Dan
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

It's always the timing... Thats what mine was! Good to hear it is running.
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

How did you determine the timing was off by 120 degrees? Did you have the rotor on wrong?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

no i didnt have the rotor on wrong (it only goes on one way.) i pulled the crank wheel off and saw that when the cams were on the mark the wheel wasnt. it was about 120 off. i didnt realize the crank wheel has 4 marks on the outside so it was my bad. but she runs good now. :)
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
humm

Post by humm »

question. im doing my timing.... how do i line up the crank pully? what marks line up with what.?<p>thanks,
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

the rear portion of the wheel has a little cut out like half of a circle, u line that cut out with the arrow on the block.
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”