nothing you have heard of before, trust me!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Oliver

Re: nothing you have heard of before, trust me!

Post by Oliver »

Ok, i mighta shot my mind off a little bit there with that last post. Comparing one of nissans best engines to the K8 may have been a little unorthadox. However, i don't see why 400hp would be to much for that thing to handle. I also didn't realize that you could do an engine swap for $1200. I can't, but Dave did and that woulda been the way to go. Cuz for $1200 the K8's gonna come a little shy. I'm just a little too used to the 200sx board i used to be part of before i bought my mx-3. Those CA engines are fun to play with. OH, and whats the weight difference between mazdas 1.8 and 2.5?
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Negligible. I'd wager the K8 weighs more due to the thicker iron sleeves. At any rate, the driver, how much gas you have, what you ate for lunch and other factors are going to have more of an impact than the engine, since it IS the same externally.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mrspanky79:
hey Dave I will prove you wrong :) <hr></blockquote><p>Bring it. 3000USD on a K8 versus 1800 on a KLZE is a good comparison I'd say. Though I'm not prepping my car to be a drag queen, but to be a fun street car, so factors like not having oil leaks from a turbo wouldn't directly be comparable...
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

I was just sayign that i can get more out of the k8 (power) for what it cost for the klze swap. I just finished a turbo install on my k8 and all intotal it has cost me $1200cnd ans it could have been cheaper but i had to get the big custom intercooler and HKS BOV. The only thing i still need to get is a fmu which is around 300. So for less then the cost of a klze not including install and I get more power. :p
But yes the klze is the easy way to go and more relible plus if you going to go to all that work putting the 6 in you should at the least go with the klde. It would be a waste of time and money changing the 4 to a 6 just for the k8.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

People do KLDE and KLZE swaps themselves all the time. You don't need to have it installed by someone else. You just need to be careful. In that way a KLZE swap would only cost you the price of the KLZE.
86Maz6

Post by 86Maz6 »

i was just thinking about it I know the KLZE is better but i am going for an all around car some speed(probible 170hp with in a few years), some looks(sort of BMW 3 series look), and some sound(possible 2 12's right behind the front seats)
Besides the 130hp compared to my 93hp(or the turbo version 120hp) it is amazing considering it is smaller, like i have said a million of times there are no performance parts for the FE motor(no i am not talking about the FE DOHC or the F2) so ne thing that can be upgraded is what i am looking for.
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

if your so set on doing the 4 to 6 swap go with the klde it will cost you the same as the k8(with in a $100)and you will end up with 30 more horse power.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”