KLZE.... Where to buy?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ghandi1981

Re: KLZE.... Where to buy?

Post by ghandi1981 »

damn....i called the shop and he said there was shipping damages to the engine....from a quick inspection he said the heat shield?? was cracked and the distributor is cracked too and also some sensor..i think he said temperature sensor.... :( <P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

well i checked out the engine at the garage and all that was wrong was the heat shield on the front was damaged, the disty was broken, and the oil hose(think thats what its called) is ripped....so it isnt all too bad....i will take picks of the engine and send for all to see<P>AJ
resurected KL-ZE,ZE ECU, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, CMIII, home depot CAI, Hiflow Cat, 2 1/2" piping, exhaust, 2 MASS 2012's, Cadence A7, Blaupunkt Casablanca, and a no damn CEL light!!!
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zevirii:<BR><STRONG>So the sunsengines are not real KLZE's?<P>I talked to PROTECH again today... They offered to install the KL-03 Engine(KLZE right?) for $2100. I read that the Milliena(spelling?) intake will work to fix this though? But will this intake fit under my strut tower bar?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>suns has ze's, dave was refering to adm1 engines, kl-03 is the domestic probe engine not the ze, to identify the ze look for the number on the back of the block under the rear head should be kl########, and the heads should have kl31-1a1 i think, its kl31 i know for sure, heat sheild and disty dont matter you will be swapping them anyways!
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

thanks lazzyie
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Ok guys.. I just got $3000 USD. Now I am having trouble deciding what to do... The deal is when I bought my mx-3 the guy who sold it to me told me that the engine(1.8l V6) only had 30,000 miles on it. This little engine purrs. Just runs great. However as we all know it has no power. My problem is how do I justify dumping a great running engine just to get a engine with a few more horses? Is there really a night and day difference with the KLZE? Is it really worth dumping this engine and blowing $2100 USD on the KLZE? Or should I just stick with what I got and maybe just dress my MX up alittle with a body kit and stuff? I am confused. I read the V6 FAQ on the 2.5 swap and I see that the KLZE needs a different intake to fit? Which one, and where do I get it? Mazda dealer? Also where would I get a 2.5 ECU and VAF? I read that I need those to right? What about the A/C system, I mean if they remove the compressor from the system doesn't that mean they got to replace the evac tube and drier? Now that I really got the money I am scared... I thought about doing it myself cause it doesn't sound all that hard, however I am not sure it would be worth saving a few hundred or not... Please guys shed some light on these questions... As Always thanks...
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zevirii:<BR><STRONG>Ok guys.. I just got $3000 USD. Now I am having trouble deciding what to do... The deal is when I bought my mx-3 the guy who sold it to me told me that the engine(1.8l V6) only had 30,000 miles on it. This little engine purrs. Just runs great. However as we all know it has no power. My problem is how do I justify dumping a great running engine just to get a engine with a few more horses? Is there really a night and day difference with the KLZE? Is it really worth dumping this engine and blowing $2100 USD on the KLZE? Or should I just stick with what I got and maybe just dress my MX up alittle with a body kit and stuff? I am confused. I read the V6 FAQ on the 2.5 swap and I see that the KLZE needs a different intake to fit? Which one, and where do I get it? Mazda dealer? Also where would I get a 2.5 ECU and VAF? I read that I need those to right? What about the A/C system, I mean if they remove the compressor from the system doesn't that mean they got to replace the evac tube and drier? Now that I really got the money I am scared... I thought about doing it myself cause it doesn't sound all that hard, however I am not sure it would be worth saving a few hundred or not... Please guys shed some light on these questions... As Always thanks...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>welll now its the race vs rice complex, my car is a POS! its all dented with faded paint and what not but I love it and that is all that matters. As for the swap yes it is soooooooo much different, and no you need no vaf/ecu you can use yours just swap the knock sensor, the water inlet change timing belt and water pump while you are there, get a new clutch act II or clutchmasters III seem to be popular choices. Engine is only $1200 from sunsengines.com with shipping if you are a probetalk member. Well if you are gonna go rice i would talk to barry guy seems to know his stuff! Good luck and just pick which one you will enjoy more!
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

outside inspection of engine looks alright....although the sipper damaged the front heat shield, oil pressure hose????, and distributor....other than that i hope the eigine runs good.<P>AJ
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

lazzyie,<P>I like that race vs. rice complex... lol<P>I want both... Mainly alot of race and alittle rice... I went down to PROTECH and told them my situation. They told me since I was going to be doing it all at the same time they would give me a BIG discount..<P>KLZE INSTALL: $2100(Motor, timing belt, all gaskets, water pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, belt, belt tensioner, and anything else I might have forgot)(They also said they could paint the valve cover and clean and paint the engine compartment)<P>SUSPENSION INSTALL: $770(Eibach Springs & Tokico struts)<P>NEW CLUTCH INSTALL: $650(ACT Stage II)<P>TOTAL:$3520<BR>DISCOUNT: $520<BR>GRAND TOTAL: $3000<P>I get the money in a week and then they will order the parts and have the work done a week after the parts arrive. Sounds like a great deal to me.
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

that about how much i am spending but i am not doing any suspension work:<P>KLZE: $1117 (suns engines)<BR>A/C: ~$300 (Compressor and drier)<BR>Clutch: $760 (CM III, fidanza flywheel, mount inserts, SS clutch line-rr-racing)<BR>Parts: ~$250-300 (water pump, gaskets, plugs...etc)<BR>Install: ~$600-700 (everthing)<P>total: $3027-$3177<P>AJ<P>oh ya forgot 2 new tires:~$180
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

well you can forget about getting an ZE from sunsengines for a while this is what the wrote me:<P>"AJ, Thank you for letting me know it will be o.k.<BR>We are having a lot of problems rignt now even getting our engines in. The <BR>long Beach Dock workers in California are on strike as of today so we can <BR>not get any of the engines or parts in from Japan until the strike is over." [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] <P>AJ
Golliwog

Post by Golliwog »

Nothing wrong with making your car look good. Don't confuse that with rice.
-Golli
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

$3000 that isnt bad at all, my engine install myself cost me about $2000 with water pump, gaskets, belts, timing belt, act clutch new stabilezers,02 sensors and plugs wires, lubricants, motor mounts,the extra $300 bucks for dropping the spider gears :( ran outta time at a friends garage motor mounts inserts from rafi do not fit the mx-3 mounts which you need to use just get a can of poly foam from home depot for $10, let me know if the clutch line fits though i need one! As for the eibachs and tokicos that my next thing. Now for rice! Well what most people here in California call looking good is 3000 stickers, tailpipe/window washer lights, valve stem neons, stupid off colored body kits, non-functional poorly fit hood scoops, and cut springs on black rims. That is not cool looking.
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

make sure that the ze is clearly marked with the above things i said if you have a stubby neck not bent intake manifold with an egr on the block then it is not a kl-ze its a <BR>kl-de(03)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

why do you need to swap the a/c system. all the stuff iv read and searched upon for the ze swap, never mentioned anything about the a/c.<BR>the only stuff i know is the intake mani has to be curved or get the millenia one, swap your k8 exhaust mani, the water inlet sensor has to be moved (i have a 92). <BR>then like motor mounts, clutch, hoses etc.<BR>so whats this a/c system stuff about?<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
ghandi1981

Post by ghandi1981 »

damn and i bought the mount inserts from rafi and they wont fit the mx3???? damn that sucks cuz i ordered them....ill let you know it the ss clutch line from rafi fits the mx3 in the next couple of days lazzyie<P>AJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”