new CAI

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fuzzyboy

Re: new CAI

Post by fuzzyboy »

hey ray <P>did you get the pics of your cai yet,i just put the ractive filter on and i'm not sure if i have it on proper,with the rubber seal from the filter on the vaf.i'm not sure if i need to go further back with the seal to cover more of the vaf piece.<P>thanks [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
fuzzy red mx-3
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

The intake is a bit tricky to put on. I had to unplug and remove the vaf to put on the ractive filter. If you look on the inside of the end of the filter that goes to the vaf you'll notice a few grooves. There's a "ring" on the end of the vaf, you have to slide that under the filter so that the ring fits in the groove on the intake.<P>It's pretty simple, just slip the intake on to the vaf. Then stick a 4" to 3" adaptor to connect the ractive filter on to the cold air pipe. email me if you got any more questions. I haven't been able to get my friend's digicam, sorry.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
pelado

Post by pelado »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>3" is too big for these engines. You just slowed down the air velocity.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The STOCK I.D. prior to the TB for these engines is ~3" and necks down to 2.5" where it connects to the TB. Please see my post in Coleman's thread about 2" vs. 3".
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”