HKS filters

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Redline

Re: HKS filters

Post by Redline »

you'll be losing more than just idle power, you'll lose power all the way up. You might gain a little up top, but not compared to what you will gain with a CAI.
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marshmallow15:<BR><STRONG>do you possibly have a wav of the sound? i'm anxious as to how it sounds.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>no i don't have a wav or sound file yet.. but you can take my word for it. the sound the muffler produces is really nice. on mine i have a dual 3 inch tip ractive muffler because i wanted to be different from the rest of the 5 inch cans you see on civics and so so. the sound is also different it doesn't have that bumble bee sound like a lot you hear ...i had my friend drive it down the street the other day and i loved it!! when he was coming towards me all you hear is a loud rumble ...and you can hear the echo in the distant background for blocks...then in the higher rpms it kinda fades out and if you have a nice roaring intake (hks or PRM) you'll hear the raw power of the V6.. sounds awesome. <BR> :D
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> if you have the filter by itself with no piping, use an air flow adapter, remove your stock airbox...be careful not to mess with the maf. *the thing with all the wires and etc.*, then put on your air flow adapter, then just mount the filter onto the opening. the only additional part you would need is an air flow adapter depending on what kind of mx3 you have. the only risks you could have is messing up your car by messing with the maf, but that can be fixed by resetting your ecu. just be careful not to remove your maf in the installation process...which is pretty easy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Where can I find an air flow adapter?<BR>How much will it cost$$?<BR>And does it allow for the adaptation of the little tube attached to the OEM portion of the air flow that you would be removing?<BR>Got anything with pictures? Step by step instructions for the installing mods impaired?
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

it's very simple. just order one from your local speed shop and it'll cost around $30-40. youll know what to do when you get it. it's THAT simple.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by A.S.:<BR><STRONG><P>Does the filter hook right up to the sensor tube without any mods and its ready to go. Or is there more to the installation?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yup, it looks like this when it's done..it took me about 5-10 mins to complete.<P><BR> Image
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Beargrl614

Post by Beargrl614 »

I have an HKS filter, and I love it. Not only does, my car sound better, you can tell a power difference ( very minor though ) My friends noticed it, and I have never had a problem. It was so easy to swap. Only downfall is the you have to change it every 3000 miles
V-TEC--JUST SAY NO

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”