Buying a V-6 or Automatic

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Esper

Re: Buying a V-6 or Automatic

Post by Esper »

ummm...i'm gonna try and explain the hold button better. start from a stop. press the hold button, and drop it down to "1", or the very last gear you can drop it down to. accelerate, get it up to whatever revs you want, lets say 6,000. push the lever up once to "2". you are now in second gear. again, accelerate, and push it up once more so the lever is in "D," where you normally have it when driving. you are now in third. to shift into fourth, press the hold button (it should be still active until this point). now you are in fourth gear, but you are also in full auto mode. To downshift, press hold again. to drop down to second, keep the hold function active and drop the lever down to the "2" position. one way to think about it is to imagine your car has a clutchless sequential shifter. If anyone has driven an BMW E36 3 series auto, then it works exactly the same as that car: the Hold button does about the same thing as the "Manual" button on the BMW. yes, the hold button "holds" you in a gear, but you have to move the shifter around to run through the gears. everybody got it?
Dude.
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

wOw.. isn't shifting between the 1,2 and drive gears while the car is moving going to f*ck up the tranny? i always used to do that until i was told it messes up the tranny...now i only shift from neutral to Drive or vice versa when i want to rev up.. (yes auto sucks) :mad:
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by freakuency:<BR><STRONG>wOw.. isn't shifting between the 1,2 and drive gears while the car is moving going to f*ck up the tranny? i always used to do that until i was told it messes up the tranny...now i only shift from neutral to Drive or vice versa when i want to rev up.. (yes auto sucks) :roll: The car is designed so you can shift like one of those new auto shiftronic cars. It's common sense people.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”