Engine dies out when oil cap is pulled off ++

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
SimonPK

Re: Engine dies out when oil cap is pulled off ++

Post by SimonPK »

my old K8 with crappy compression always died as well, my new (40,000mile?) ZE dies as well - I agree with Ian it's too much air gets in to the intake manifold making air/fuel ration too lean therefore stalls.
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by nos92mx3:
mine dosent die when i have to oil cap off and mine has 198,xxx miles.
Unplug your PCV valve from the cover and see if you can feel a vacuum with your finger at the end of the valve. If you can't the valve is blocked.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
valoncan

Post by valoncan »

Guys if you take off you air filter, and u push the thingy on your Mass Air Flow Sensor, the car is gonna die out. Meaning that more air than suppose to is going in.
So there is no phylosophy to this, when you take the cap off, engine dies out, now that is a simple concept, because more air goes in the engine.
Never think that you will get two if you don't give one!!
tical

Post by tical »

ianl decribed it ta a T, your engine is presurized, u pull da cap off, da engine dies, my engine dies, and my engine is in very good condition, ive kept oil changed every 3500 miles wit synthetic for da 21,000 miles ive put on it. also done every maintenance option. i also work on cars for a living, hes right on da engine diein when cap is tooken off.....
just my 2 cents......

Justin
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”