San Antonio, Texas anyone?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
frogchick

Re: San Antonio, Texas anyone?

Post by frogchick »

It does cost money I am not sure. The last two times that I went it was around $20.00 per person. I felt that it was well worth it. You can also race you own street car. I had a friend race his truck last year and my father-in-law raced his Super Street (not street legal) car. It is basically import-vs-domestic cars. Lots of fun. It was a huge turnout last year. Very few MX-3s though. Last year a week before the Drag Wars a MX-3 driver totaled his $80,000.00 car on the track. We will need to arrange a time and place to meet since the Motorplex is so big. I am not sure what time the race starts yet. I will call tomorrow and see if there are any specs. available yet.
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

I called the Texas Motorplex today and the spectator tickets are $18, racing tickets are (if you want to race your car) $60, and to enter your car in the car show is $40. They do not have the race times yet, but generally the gates open around 10am. We will need to wait a week to get that information.

Post by Guest »

<p>[This message has been edited by SmaMitches (edited August 30, 2001).]
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

hey all, i'm in N. Houston and I'm willing to meet up in Dallas, but i can't meet up Labor Day. August 18th at Drag Wars sounds sweet though. I haven't moded my car power-wise, but i'd love to get ideas. email me at atomicbanana@hotmail.com for anymore info. i'll keep checking the boards too.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

I definitely will not race mine. For two reasons, first it is not fast at all, and second I love my car too much to screw something up. However it is kind of fun to see some moron race his daily driver and see him blow the engine. I saw a Chevy truck do that last year. I am building a web site I will post pics of the incident. Kind of funny and kind of sad at the same time. What kind of social event are you talking about, Dreamloner?
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

Well I am going to the Drag Wars, whether any one else is I’m unsure. I have a few friends around here that have wanted to go since last year. They are not MX-3 owners though. If some of you would still like to meet somewhere else we can do that as well.

Post by Guest »

xeffex

Post by xeffex »

I will make it to drag wars. Would someone set a meeting place nearby so those who come out could go to together? I'd set a spot but I don't know Texas that well... And as long as we get together i'm sure it will make itself into a "memorable social gathering" ... but i'm all about trying to plan stuff out also. Just let me know.<P>Thanks,<P>Jordan
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I will be going to the Drag Wars with FrogChick. It is a really fun place to go. Lots to see. One of the most interesting vehicles that has turned out the past few years is a white Toyota 4-Runner. Stock wheels, tall tires, quite ordinary looking. The only suspicious looking items on the vehicle are the slick tires (same size as the stock tire, just no tread) and the replaced exhaust tip (TRD). Aside from these 2 features, it looks bone stock. When it pulled up to the starting line for the first time, there were lots of sneers and chuckles (I think he was lining up against a Supra or RX-7). Everyone one thought that this would be quite comical to see this 4-runner get blown away. To everyones amazement, this 4-Runner blasted his way to a low 13-second 1/4 mile pass!!!! This car had a full interior too and it was very quiet, just like a normal 4-runner.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

About a meeting place. I have been looking on the map and it seems that I-35 would probably be the best highway for most people (San Antonio, OK City, Austin, etc.). I would suggest meeting somewhere on I-35, but for those who are coming from the south, they would have to backtrack to get to the Motorplex. Perhaps we can just meet somewhere at the Motorplex or closeby, so people do not have to backtrack. If those from the South dont mind backtracking, then by all means, we can meet somewhere on I-35 in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and then go to the Motorplex together. The only problem with this plan is that if people are running late for the meet-up, that everyone else will have to wait for them. If we all met at the Motorplex, then there would be no worry about people running late because we would already be there. Please give me some input on this. I would love to meet with some other MX-3 owners and swap stories, ideas, and just hang out. For more info check out <A HREF="http://www.texasmotorplex.com" TARGET=_blank>www.texasmotorplex.com</A> or <A HREF="http://www.texasmotorplex.com/travel_directions.cfm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.texasmotorplex.com/travel_directions.cfm</A>
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

Any store or restaurant nearby would be cool... any suggestions? I'm gettin' pretty stoked... this is gonna be a cool trip!!<P>Jordan
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS

Post by Guest »

Post by Guest »

frogchick

Post by frogchick »

The stickers would be cool. How much? We can meet at a Taco Bell near by. If you want. <P>I will get the street address tomorrow.
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Waxahachie is the city that you exit on from I35 to get to Ennis (motorplex). 287 takes you right to the race track. They just built an Applebees(?spelling) and an IHOP right off 287 in Waxahachie if that would be a good meeting place. I live in Whitney and work in Waxahachie so know the area pretty well. If this sounds like a good idea post a reply and I will try to get the #'s for the exits and all. I hope this helps. Later, Robert.<BR>BTW- the drag wars sound like fun if I can get off work I'll be there.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”