unerpowering subs

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3man83

Re: unerpowering subs

Post by mx3man83 »

Im going by what companies rate them since i dont have a device to measure. I just know ive researched and found decks that put out the RMS that i said. What kind of device would be used to measure the true RMS? Oh, and just because YOU have never SEEN something, doesnt mean its not true...(to whoever said they had never seen a deck push more than 15 rms).
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

u can measure the rms using a multi meter
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

i dono , but i just installed my new head unit and im running my subs off of it, holy crap i was not expecting that. Its not like damn loud that everying around for 50 ft shakes but inside the car its loud and if u crack a window id say abt 10 ft everyting shakes, lol. The head unit is said to have 45x4, but it does 23 rms, and im surprised, i have 2 pioneer 450w impp's in a huge! box, and i mean the box is as big as the back seat(which is were i keep it, i fold the seats down and point the box toward the turnk and imgood,only temporarty tho.). I dono but for now im gonna leave it the way it is, i dono if its the box or im just not used to LOUD bass but its plenty, for now that is :)
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

LOL<p>its definatley not something that is recomended by ANYONE, but if it makes you happy, go for it. Just realize that you can fry your HU if you are running it at an impdenence that is too low, and you can blow your subs by not giving them the RMS they need/deserve. Is your HU still powering the door speakers??
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”