More rattles than a hospital nursery!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
chew*

Post by chew* »

Heh lets not talk about rattles. I can say this much at 150 db the strut springs actually shake and it looks as if the rear struts are going to fall out of the car. The most annoying noise in the car comes from 2 places. The spare tire well and the hatch shocks also make a lot of unwanted noise.

I believe the Noise you guys are referring to is the butterfly pressure relief vents located behind the plastic on the left and right rear of the car.
A little tip get a couple sheets of dynamat and cover both 100% and you can increase spl a tad although try not to slam doors anymore or you can possibly blow out the gasket on the windshield as thats what there sole purpose is. Just a guess but these 2 vents lead right outside the car to the rear bumper....Sheesh im giving all my SPL secrets away.

In extreme cases you may have to double or triple layer the dynamat over these vents. I actually blew a hole through 2 layers of dynamat extreme.
illapino

Post by illapino »

jschrauwen wrote:OMG, talk about doing a search and bringing up the dead :lol:
this forum likes people who search. so HERE I AM !!!!
Take One Good Look At The Searcher! Coz This Gon Be the Last Time U See A Searcher Like Me !!

:twisted:
1992 Mazda Precidia
V6 K8 Engine

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”