to all you skateboarders....

Off-Topic Discussions
David Coleman

Re: to all you skateboarders....

Post by David Coleman »

Stacey Peralta is the man. I still have a couple of Powell boards I ride daily :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
swllbo

Post by swllbo »

stacey peralta isnt with powell any more is he?
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i had a lime green nash with the saw design...i remember being like, 8 and rolling down the 1/3rd of a mile long hill that i lived on (probably about a 30-40 degree incline, friggin' huge hill) and not knowing how to stop the darn thing before running into traffic...so i would bail on my a-- and hope my board didn't get run over (which happened eventually...i cried)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by swllbo:<BR><STRONG>stacey peralta isnt with powell any more is he?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>No, either him or Hsoi is a used car dealer now. Back when I used to get Thrasher and TWS they had an update on the old school guys, as they were a bit before my time [early-mid 80's].
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
swllbo

Post by swllbo »

Hosoi is in prison now on drug traffiking carges and stacey peralta Is directing films like dogtown and z- boys.<P>[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: swllbo ]<p>[ September 18, 2002: Message edited by: swllbo ]
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Dang, nostalgia time in here. I used to ride my freinds Big Red. We moved so that ended, then I built a board from a freinds old parts. Large deck (before they were cool), lift blocks, gullwing trucks & Big ol 70mm Kryptonics. Thing looked like a monster truck compared to most boards. lol It was free, i didn't care,...<BR> My freind ended up putting a sail on it to practice in the off season for sail boarding the Columbia river.<BR>Finaly built my own board in early 90's. Used a cheesy deck & stripped it for custom paint & tape, gullwing street shadows, shock blox, & 72mm Blockhead wheels. Still have it, tho I'm to wrecked to ride it anymore. Put too much effort into the graphics to give it up. ;)
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p

Return to “Off-Topic”