no more "tap-tap-tap!" Check this out

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
IceMole19

Re: no more "tap-tap-tap!" Check this out

Post by IceMole19 »

I went from 20w-50 dyno to 5w-30 high milage (valvoline) and it seems to tick worse now. Also got reports of it smokeing a bit at high rpm shifts. We'll see how it does for the long haul, be intresting to see if it smokes at a 6k shift after 3000miles.
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

I've driven about 500kms since my oil change and still no tick! It seems to have a little more "get up and go" - that could be in my mind though.<P>Anyways, I'm happy with this product nd do recommend it to anyone. :D
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

My car only has 75K miles on it, but the lifters are off. Is that what you mean by the tapping noise? The noise when the lifters arent aligned right? I dont know HOW many time I have used Rizone (SP) or Lucas to fix it and it stops for a little bit, but comes back. If that tapping your talking about is the lifts, then please let me know, because I JUST changed the oil and dont wanna do it again unless that oil will fix that problem. BTW that noise makes my car sound like some 1950s clunker and really doesnt give the MX-3 a good reputation when I CANT FIX THE PROBLEM! :)
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”