Paint?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
tk1138

Re: Paint?

Post by tk1138 »

My wifes car went to maaco. The quality was bad to begin with & when we pointed out significant flaws, they just said "what do you expect, this is maaco?" Less than a year later the paint started to chip &peal badly, more than 1 square foot was missing. Eventually we just donated it away. <P>You might get an OK job from them if you prep yourself, but I doubt it. Some shops might vary by locationas well, but I will NEVER go there again.<P>Talk to the better buisness bureau, or news investigator web sites that look into scams. They'll usually be able to recomend good places to go.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
zevirii

Re: Paint?

Post by zevirii »

Went down to Econo Body and Paint today to get a estimate. This is what they gave me...<P>1. Sand off Clear Coats & all paint.<BR>2. Fix 2 dents<BR>3. Paint 3 layers of Ful-thane 2k Urethane<BR>4. Clear coat 3 layers<BR>5. Door jams, under hood & hatch included<P>This was for any color change I want.<P>Grand Total: $870<P>I think that isn't to bad.. What you guys think?<P>How good does paint stick to those Bumper Skirts?

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”