Just gotta 93 mx-3, I'm lovin it...anything I should k

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
OsoSlo z28

Re: Just gotta 93 mx-3, I'm lovin it...anything I should k

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white94mx3:<BR><STRONG>IF you think I'm lying oh well, my brother owns a 1993 Mazda MX-6 LS and it has the KL-01 engine and it's 190HP "Dyno'd" and I have raced a MX-3 GS with my 4 banger and I whooped his a--. So You need to check the specs out again...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>what's a kl-01? and what does your brother's car have to do with this? i think you need to check the specs out. let's use the 94 year model. the gs is rated at 130hp and 115ft-lbs while the 4cyl is rated at 105hp and 100ft-lbs. i don't know of ANY car manufacturer that would produce a 4cyl that could out-perform a v6 of the same year. wouldn't be good for sales would it? if you can prove me wrong with actual numbers, by all means, do so. but until then, please do some research.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
IceMole19

Post by IceMole19 »

You guys talk a lot about power but forget about weight. The Mx-6 is a big fat pig, I think my girlfriends v6 weights in at 3400lbs or something like that. Who cares if it makes more power if it's too fat to move. Remember it's all about power to weight ratios.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IceMole19:<BR><STRONG>You guys talk a lot about power but forget about weight. The Mx-6 is a big fat pig, I think my girlfriends v6 weights in at 3400lbs or something like that. Who cares if it makes more power if it's too fat to move. Remember it's all about power to weight ratios.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>the mx6 weighs right about 180# more than the mx3. which puts it around 2625#
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
IceMole19

Post by IceMole19 »

can't be I could've sworn her thing says it's over a ton and a half, I'll have her check tomorrow.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killerpickle:<BR><STRONG>Ok, im sure this has been said many a time. But stock civics are not fast. Not at all. Unless you are talking an si (the dohc version). If I am not mistaken the ex or the canadian si(125-130 hp) go 0-60 in 9.1 seconds....maybe from carpoint.msn.com<P>But I guess thats a pretty common misconception considering the vast numbers of modded civics...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Car-Stats.com Report for 1999 Honda Civic Si <BR>Obtained from C&D April, 1999 <BR>0-60: 7.1 Transmission: Unknown <BR>1/4 Mile: 15.7
aqua93

Post by aqua93 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shifty:<BR><STRONG> :D congrats to you your going to love this car the big thing to keep your eye on is the magical dissapering oil trick just about all of us have it the oil in these cars dissapers it dosent burn it and it dont leak but goes down look at v6faq<BR>o ya this car is a honda eater keep her fed yum yum lol <P>Thanks! lol, I've been driving for a bit already and I was actually wondering about the oil...and don't worry, the amount of people I know with civics is endless, I'll be sure to show them what these cars can do!<P> :p :p :p</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
~Trisha~
IceMole19

Post by IceMole19 »

I checked my girlfriends MX-6 LS V6 quick refrence guide and it says it weights 3530lbs. So like I said, it's a big fat pig. Who cares if it makes 30hp more when it weights almost a ton more.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IceMole19:<BR><STRONG>I checked my girlfriends MX-6 LS V6 quick refrence guide and it says it weights 3530lbs. So like I said, it's a big fat pig. Who cares if it makes 30hp more when it weights almost a ton more.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>1st or 2nd gen? the heaviest 1st gen is 2920#. the 1st gen lx is 2640#. both 2nd gen models are 2625#. either way, it doesn't matter.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Car-Stats.com Report for 1999 Honda Civic Si <BR>Obtained from C&D April, 1999 <BR>0-60: 7.1 Transmission: Unknown <BR>1/4 Mile: 15.7</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey bro, he was talkin about the Canadian SI. That is the same as the US EX. 128HP 109TQ, always seeing the tail lights of an MX-3. The US SI has 160HP. Same as the KLDE engine. Try putting a KL MX-3 up against the SI and see who comes out on top. I have raced an SI with my bone stock K8 and kept up thru 3rd gear. Not too bad for being 30HP in the hole. And don't say "He must not have known how to drive" because I'm not a pro race driver either.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
IceMole19

Post by IceMole19 »

It's a 1993 MX-6 LS 2.5L 164 hp V6. The book says it weights 3530lbs. I don't know where you are informed from but you should doubble check.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IceMole19:<BR><STRONG>It's a 1993 MX-6 LS 2.5L 164 hp V6. The book says it weights 3530lbs. I don't know where you are informed from but you should doubble check.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>2699lbs. Check it again.<P><A HREF="http://www.edmunds.com/used/1993/mazda/ ... id=lin0066" TARGET=_blank>www.edmunds.com</A>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

thank you ryan. and if that isn't enough proof, <A HREF="http://www.carpoint.com" TARGET=_blank>www.carpoint.com</A>
"MR." Ashley Fowler
cardomain pics
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

it is the KL-01 not the KL-DE, it says right underneath his hood in pretty black bold letters, KL-01 2.5L, and the KL-01 is 190HP (at the flywheel, not at the wheels) So I do know what I am talking about. and the GS I beat with my RS, was a 5 speed, he had an exhaust and an intake and some other crap, and at that time I pretty much had the same mods. Maybe he was a crappy driver, I don't know. And I have the IHI RHB5 Turbo, Don't have the intercooler yet still deciding on which one I want and still lookin' for someone to fabricate a down pipe for me...
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white94mx3:<BR><STRONG>it is the KL-01 not the KL-DE, it says right underneath his hood in pretty black bold letters, KL-01 2.5L, and the KL-01 is 190HP (at the flywheel, not at the wheels) So I do know what I am talking about. and the GS I beat with my RS, was a 5 speed, he had an exhaust and an intake and some other crap, and at that time I pretty much had the same mods. Maybe he was a crappy driver, I don't know. And I have the IHI RHB5 Turbo, Don't have the intercooler yet still deciding on which one I want and still lookin' for someone to fabricate a down pipe for me...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>with over 100 posts i would think you would know the first thing about an mx-3. First of all, i have a k8 powered mx-3 and i have parts labeled kl-01. Maybe mazda accidentally put a 2.5l in my car from the factory. Secondly, the kl-de (kl-01 as you call it) does NOT have 190hp. The closest engine putting out those numbers would be the KL-ZE rated around 197-200 hp at the flywheel. The KL-DE (KL-01 :roll: ) puts out around 170hp. Please show me a site that list the engine you're referring to. Should you do that i guess you'd be showing the Jeffs, Vaughns, Barrys, Davids, Seans, etc etc etc that they were wrong. Better yet just go the probetalk.. they have the KL-01's from the factory right? :roll: They'll straighten you out
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

I never said "parts labeled KL-01" You know That sticker they put underneath your hood that tells you the displacment size, engine model, family and everything? Well, According to that the engine name is the KL-01. The KL-01 was put in the Aniversary (excuse my spelling, I just got home from work) Edition MX-6's. Which my brother has. Once I find that site which stated the HP I'll post it with this message. And yes, what I stated about the K8 being 110HP, I was correct in a way cause it is around 110HP at the wheels. And Second off, How could a MX-6 with only 170 HP (and it's stock) beat a 2003 Mustang V6 at 220HP? and I don't mean barley, I mean it whooped it. it must Mean that it has to have more power. So what ever you think go ahead, my brother has his car parked right outside, if I had a digital camera I'd go take a picture of it right now.
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”