Making a 1993 MX3 from ODB1 to ODB2

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Re: Making a 1993 MX3 from ODB1 to ODB2

Post by monty73741 »

hey man......u need to stop being a total *** ....you ask a question, have not found out the answer & are mad.....& your response to that are ignorant comments
all every one wants...what is the advantage to having a 94 maf to a 92 maf......<p>& if you keep on with the attitude...then.....yo should sell your car buy a civic.....all those kids are a--holes
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
jap

Post by jap »

Don't be so sensitive.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i am not being sensitive.......
you have told people in other forums that they dont know what they are talking about & since this site & vetern members do nothing but help people when they have problem & only are a smart *** when people ask stupid questions....& it seems u only make smart *** comments when u dont get the answer u want.....
like i said sell ur mx & buy a honda if you are gonna have an attitude
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jap:
What are you talking about? Isn't 94 and up mx3's OBD2, thats why they have a different mass sensor?<hr></blockquote><p>And this quote is in no way true or possible. Why, because I have the sensor you request, but is it OBD-II, NO! The 94+ MX-3's were not, and I will say it again, not OBD-II. An easy way to tell if a 4cyl is OBD-II, look for 2 oxygen sensors - 1 before the catalytic c. and 1 after.<p>OBD-II simply has a few extra monitors(sensors), to cope with ever so tight emission laws in the U.S. If your dead set on switching, just buy a 94 model, it would be much less complicating.<p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]</p>
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jaydog5678:
<p>And this quote is in no way true or possible. Why, because I have the sensor you request, but is it OBD-II, NO! The 94+ MX-3's were not, and I will say it again, not OBD-II. An easy way to tell if a 4cyl is OBD-II, look for 2 oxygen sensors - 1 before the catalytic c. and 1 after.<p>OBD-II simply has a few extra monitors(sensors), to cope with ever so tight emission laws in the U.S. If your dead set on switching, just buy a 94 model, it would be much less complicating.<p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]<hr></blockquote><p>Ok i read this 5 times and still dont get it. Jay i'm not tryin to continue the flame war thats goin on here, but in your first paragraph you state that 94 and up are NOT OBD-II. Then in your second paragraph you say if you want an OBD-II then he should just buy a 94. Can you, or someone else explain that?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

94+ was PRe-ODB-II the computer system and setup was a little bit different, but ODBII was 96+ in most cars.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:
<p>Ok i read this 5 times and still dont get it. Jay i'm not tryin to continue the flame war thats goin on here, but in your first paragraph you state that 94 and up are NOT OBD-II. Then in your second paragraph you say if you want an OBD-II then he should just buy a 94. Can you, or someone else explain that?<hr></blockquote><p>94+ are not obd-2, he meant that if he really wants the 94+ maf, to just buy a 94+.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
jap

Post by jap »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> And this quote is in no way true or possible. Why, because I have the sensor you request, but is it OBD-II, NO! The 94+ MX-3's were not, and I will say it again, not OBD-II. An easy way to tell if a 4cyl is OBD-II, look for 2 oxygen sensors - 1 before the catalytic c. and 1 after.<p>OBD-II simply has a few extra monitors(sensors), to cope with ever so tight emission laws in the U.S. If your dead set on switching, just buy a 94 model, it would be much less complicating.<p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: jaydog5678 ]<p> <hr></blockquote><p>
Thank you thats all I wanted to hear, an educated answer. I dont mean to be an a** (even though I'm from miami). I just seem to post up the most complicated questions and never get an educated answer.
Slickismax

Post by Slickismax »

If all you want is to switch out the MAF, then go here. www.splitsec.com<p>It would be much easier to make their kit work then to rewire your entire car to OBDII.
RobB6T

Post by RobB6T »

sonic says all his 94's are obd-II, impossible!
all you people are idiots. NO Mx-3 was ever obd-II, and it became available in 94 not 96, was required on vehicles whose primary market was the US, hell honda didn't go to it till 99. Know your cars before you speak. The differance in the mass airs is vain type to hot wire type, the one in the 94+ is better but not for whatever purpose you want, probally a cool shiny honda intake
Rob
RobB6T

Post by RobB6T »

God, sonic even drives an auto, what a women
Rob
jap

Post by jap »

Honda's cars became ODB2 at 96. You duck!
z_x71

Post by z_x71 »

First things first so we all clear this up. in '95 they started putting out OBDII on cars to see how it worked, worked great so in '96 and above are all OBDII if your car is '94 and has OBDII then it must be a collecter item cause that is unheard of since it was never released in '94 only first came out on the market in '95 on some cars not all and '96 all cars had it. and i would have to agree with most people on here why would you want to put OBDII on your car? just makes things more complicated and money consuming
Keep smiling, It keeps people wondering what you are doing!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”