New Intake causes car to die...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
marshmallow15

Re: New Intake causes car to die...

Post by marshmallow15 »

you're welcome. :D
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Ok, does it matter if the hose is piped in before or after the MAF? I am assuming it needs to be after, but I thought that the hose was before on the stock intake box.<p>[ February 22, 2003: Message edited by: RanMan ]</p>
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

Marshmellow-
Thanks a bunch, sorry I didn't say so earlier. <p>RanMan-
It has to be after the MAF, it is a different hose than the one that plugs into your airbox. It is a fat hose that plugs into the side of the intake and is attached to a little resonationg box pretty close to the AICV. It is a fat hose that plugs into the side of the intake and is attached to a little resonationg box pretty close to the AICV. If the air going in has not been metered it throws off the computer and causes your car to die. <p>Now that the new intake is on I am having the infamous idle that goes from 1000-1500 rpm and back down. I will probably read through old posts to try and find out how to fix it but if you guys have any ideas that would be great!<p>Also, tommorow I will get some pictures and post a how-to so that you can all get an intake!
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I have found that with the RS the filter has to be butted right against the maf. I tried running mine at the bottom of the car but the car wouldnt even start.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”