I wanna get most hp gain without swap 1.6L SOHC

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jaydog5678

Re: I wanna get most hp gain without swap 1.6L SOHC

Post by jaydog5678 »

You could strap a jet assisted takeoff ordinance on the top of the roof. That should give you a boost over 300mph.
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

just use a 3000000billion hp shot of NAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSS :roll:
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>short run down<P>a) sohc designs are NOT limited. They usually have less valvetrain mass as well, and as long as your rockers are in good condiition, there is no disadvantage. The one bad thing is trying to correctly tune a cam requires regrinds....but only the most "hardcore" people will take the time or care.<P>b) "throw all the money in the world....might have 150hp" Thats just silly. You could easily pull 200 whp in NA form, and MUCH MORE in boosted form. Remember, its still a B6 bottom end.<P>c) nobody makes a "Chip" for the engine, because Mazda uses non-rewriteable e-proms</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not everybody speak english as their primary language you know?<P>As for the C part,<BR>Then it's not an eprom, but simply ROM. The E stand actually for erasable. So if it's erasable, it is rewriteable, which is not the case, from what I can understand of your post.<P>"Please do not post useless incorrect info like this"<P> :p
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

the only logical and effecient way to have a "chipped" ecu on the mx is to have an e-prom soldered into it. el prototypes and g-force(not the body kit company) do this for a fact. they're in the process of making one for a bpt mx-3.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Turbo...The way to go. But in a stock engine with just intake and exhaust, You might only be able to push 5psi "safely" But with some aftermarket mods you could push more, I'd let you know how well it works, but I havn't even been able to try it out yet because I was in an accident about two weeks ago, and My car has been in the shop for the past week, and I also have the DOHC, The DOHC isn't MUCH better than the SOHC. So, Just go for a Custom Turbo job man, or a Engine Swap to B6-t.
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS (Project RS-T)
serggio99

Post by serggio99 »

Thanks for the help folks, i really appreciate it. I'll prolly get a custom turbo job. btw, anyone out there ever done it?
Mazda 0wnz j00!
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

It doesn't matter that the chips from mazda aren't re-writable. It only matters that people can program chips NOW. This is deffinatly possible, even if you had to use a 'daughter' board to fit non-OEM chips into it you could make/have one made a new chip for it. And while I haven't fully researched MX-3 upgraded controlers, they're 'avalible' for almost any car that had a ecu to begin with.<P>Esspescially as technology progresses, the algorithems that can be used improve, and the miniturization is still exceding moore's law.<P>EE!<P>That said, I don't think you'd get a lot from it unless you're willing to pay a price in optimization of a narrow RPM band, fuel consumption, and/or engine life and even then.... Turbo is probably the all around best option.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tk1138:<BR><STRONG>It doesn't matter that the chips from mazda aren't re-writable. It only matters that people can program chips NOW. This is deffinatly possible, even if you had to use a 'daughter' board to fit non-OEM chips into it you could make/have one made a new chip for it. And while I haven't fully researched MX-3 upgraded controlers, they're 'avalible' for almost any car that had a ecu to begin with.<P>Esspescially as technology progresses, the algorithems that can be used improve, and the miniturization is still exceding moore's law.<P>EE!<P>That said, I don't think you'd get a lot from it unless you're willing to pay a price in optimization of a narrow RPM band, fuel consumption, and/or engine life and even then.... Turbo is probably the all around best option.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>actually a full stand alone is worth a TON of power, not to mention better gas mileage. But as Ashley said, you cannot just "chip" one of these. You have to get an entire new chip soldered on....and you have zero tunability.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

hey peanuts just spend that money and get some no2 "Nos"<--gay.....nitrous ;)
Steve
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

Nah, Don't get NOS, I find it Funner to whoop someones @ss in a race, and then when they ask you if your running NOS, and You're like "nope, You just got whooped by a Four Banger" I kinda consider NOS as a cheat, it's no fun bottle feeding your ride...
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

IMO, NITROUS is not cheating. basing it off of track rules, it's considered a power adder just like a turbo or supercharger. i don't personally like nitrous because way too many beginners get it because it's easy to install, easy to use, and cheap. the only problem is a lot of them don't fully understand it. i also don't like it because it's not a constant power upgrade, and it costs money to use it. but i guess it comes down to the old saying....run what'cha brung. ***stepping off of soapbox***
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
white94mx3

Post by white94mx3 »

I know it's not cheating, it's just my take at it. I just plain out don't like it. it's kinda like when you get into a fight, and the guy kicks you in the balls, I mean you would be thinking to your self "you're cheating!" but really it's not. It's just uh..I dunno, I've had too much to drink...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”