How much gas in our gas tanks????

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
renef

Re: How much gas in our gas tanks????

Post by renef »

If you're sucking up too much gas, you need to check the following:<P><B>O2 Sensor - If it's clogged up, you're gonna burn gas like it's going out of style. The Bosch O2 sensor is about $40. The factory sensor is about $218. Do the math. Change that sucker once a year.<P>Spark Plugs - If your plugs are old and dirty, you're gonna waste gas.<P>Air Filter - You need the correct mixture of air and fuel for proper fuel efficiency. Make sure the filter is clean and flowing lots of air.</B><P>Now, if you don't feel a difference in performance or notice a difference in your fuel burn-rate after you make these changes, your car has major internal problems. <P>The good news about our cars: It's usually a little problem that is easily resolved with a little TLC.<P>RF
White 1992 MX-3 RS Turbo<BR>"Live Boosted or Die!"
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

whoa once a year? o2 sensors go for 60000 miles if not more. hey you should change your belts once a year too while you're at it
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
k2stp

Post by k2stp »

For anyone who wants to know this is right our of the manual:<BR> Mx-3- 13.2 gal cap.<BR> The low fuel indicator light comes on when you have 1.8 gal left.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>The gas gauge isn't an accurate indicator. I think they made it that way to help people who try to wean their cars. The only way to find out the capacity of your tank is to let it completly dry then fill it up (I wouldn't recomend it). <P> This is also completely true. The gauge is always going to show less than whats in the tank for the idiots who try and drive an extra day before filling up ;)
I wasn't born to drive I was born to work, but I got laid off;)
rayrrod

Post by rayrrod »

This is what u can do. Fill a one gallon container with one gallon of gas. Drive till u run out of gas, but not on the freeways. When u run out of gas, pour in the one gallon from the gas container and then go and fill up. This will give u a pretty good idea of how much ur tank will hold. Remember to set ur odometer to zero when u pour the gallon in. U might not be close to a gas station so u can see how far u go with that one gallon.<BR>If u hear noises, remove the gas cap and see if it relieves the pressure. Do not forget to put it back. See if that helps<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”