CF Gas Door / CF Radiatior Support *EXTENDED to April30th*

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

SO here are the RAD pics up close. after closer inspection there was even a crack that they painted over. WTF

and the way it was shipped was BS too. it wasent even in a box, they didnt even wrap it in bubblewrap.

Neil,

i would like something done about this, please get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

GARBAGE!! I cant believe that someone actually tried to pass that off as a finished product. Id really like to know who let that past quality control. I was seriously thinking about getting a gas cover...but now I dont think I want one.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Mine was just perfect, but yours NEED TO BE REFUNDED OR REMPLACED !

God, shiping a product like this one is terrible !
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

This rad support looks like something Marshmallow15 would make.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

WOW. I blow nicer looking things out of my nose than that. You might as well have bought a 100% fiberglass resin rad support. You def should be refunded.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
Neil

Post by Neil »

All PM's have been replied too.

I just want to say that sucks Josh. I don’t know what it feels like to get the bad apple of the bunch and I look forward to you seeing a better radiator support. Oscar is good at making sure everyone is happy, and if anyone has dealt with him before they will know he does everything he can to come through for you in the end.

For anyone who has seen this and is thinking negatively now I just want to point out that even though it really sucks that there was a bad apple out of the entire batch, that this doesn’t mean the rest are like this all the parts I received were perfect and JM1EC-V6 is happy with his radiator support.

Edit: I forgot to add that I believe the reason the ends are fiberglass is because someone on here had brought up a good point about Carbon Fiber being very difficult to cut and it can wreck very easily. Since the hole for the rubber grommets needs to be cut out this was done.

I will continue to participate in Pakfeifer Carbon Fiber groups buys so that these parts can be developed for the MX-3 and so that more people can buy these parts in the future. The only group buy I don’t see my self taking part in is the Carbon Fiber GS Lip because I bought a mazdaspeed bumper a year ago, had I known the CF lip was going to be made I probably wouldn’t have bought a MS bumper!

Here is what I received.
Pictures below, don’t mind the finger prints!

Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

my question is...who used the sharpy and shipped that?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Neil

Post by Neil »

cjthor wrote:my question is...who used the sharpy and shipped that?
I’d say that the actual manufacturer would be the one to blame for that. Claiming that it was Oscar would be absurd seeing as he works his a-- off to get everything done that he has made for us.

As for shipping, Oscar is the one who ships them I believe, he was in a hurry to get everything shipped since everyone was very impatient with this group buy, so if he didn’t notice something because the only thing on his mind was “Get the parts, get the parts, get the parts, ship the parts, ship the parts” I would not blame him if something was missed.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Neil wrote:
I’d say that the actual manufacturer would be the one to blame for that. Claiming that it was Oscar would be absurd seeing as he works his a-- off to get everything done that he has made for us.

As for shipping, Oscar is the one who ships them I believe, he was in a hurry to get everything shipped since everyone was very impatient with this group buy, so if he didn’t notice something because the only thing on his mind was “Get the parts, get the parts, get the parts, ship the parts, ship the parts” I would not blame him if something was missed.
i understand that he was in a hurry, thats ok. but you couldent have packaged this thing up without noticing unless you did it in the dark, and the way it was packaged it so easily could have been damaged. hell i never even got the refund i was supposed to, so the least they could have done is used the extra money on packing or insurance. i think its great that Oscar is working his a-- off to get us cool parts for a 10 year old car. i just think that this Rad support is more than just a quick lets get it done, you would think that if your doing something you would want it to be the best that it could be, especially if you were representing your company.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well if thats the only one bad.. whats wrong about a refund or replacement? this made me think twice about any bb buy..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Neil wrote:

As for shipping, Oscar is the one who ships them I believe, he was in a hurry to get everything shipped since everyone was very impatient with this group buy, so if he didn’t notice something because the only thing on his mind was “ I would not blame him if something was missed.
Looking at the pics I really dont see how he could have missed the severe defects in that part before he shipped it. The marker is the icing on the cake.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

My personal opinion , i didnt take part in this gb because I purchased oem side skirts & from oscar a couple of years ago, & it was shipped in bubble wrap & also i had to pay extra cause i wanted to use pay pal. I have roolz in life no international transaction with a check......

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

Josh wrote: Image
I got the inverted CF hood in the group buy and it was FILLED with air bubbles just like this, and the fit was horrible! I was pretty discouraged 'cause it was 600+ and we waited almost a year for it and it was pretty low quality. I advised them on this as well providing pictures the day I received it and they wouldn't do anything and just stopped responding to my e-mails. I almost gave a 2nd chance and ordered in this GB too, guess I'm glad I didn't because it seems the quality is still the same.
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Ah, where to start...
MrMX3 wrote:I got the inverted CF hood in the group buy and it was FILLED with air bubbles just like this, and the fit was horrible! I was pretty discouraged 'cause it was 600+ and we waited almost a year for it and it was pretty low quality. I advised them on this as well providing pictures the day I received it and they wouldn't do anything and just stopped responding to my e-mails. I almost gave a 2nd chance and ordered in this GB too, guess I'm glad I didn't because it seems the quality is still the same.
Mike, it appears that you are the one of the FEW that may have received a hood FILLED with bubbles in the clear ( this use of the word "filled" I would like to see justified in your hood, please post pics of it). I have not heard of anyone suggesting that the fitment was terrible as you quote; perhaps your car was involved in some sort of collision or what not. You are the first in the past several years to suggest the poor fitment or any issue with the clear coat. Dozens of those exact hoods have been sold and continue to be sold to this date without any of the issues you have mentioned. Pretty low quality in NO way describes the hood. Many members can attest to that.
monty73741 wrote:My personal opinion , I didn’t take part in this gb because I purchased oem side skirts & from Oscar a couple of years ago, & it was shipped in bubble wrap & also I had to pay extra cause I wanted to use pay pal. I have roolz in life no international transaction with a check......
To me, this sounds pretty pathetic. What does a cheque destined to an international origin have to do with this thread? If I understand correctly, you did not take part because the OEM side skirts that you received from me at what cost? Were wrapped in bubble wrap? Were you expecting them to come wrapped in silk or wool? These parts need not be shipped in a box, bubble wrap is acceptable.

I’m sure you’re aware that paypal charges 3% transaction fee. I'm also sure that you expect on top of a good deal to be exempt from any additional fees...
cjthor wrote:Looking at the pics I really don’t see how he could have missed the severe defects in that part before he shipped it. The marker is the icing on the cake.
Looking at these pics, what I can tell is that it’s magnified many times. The imperfections in these pics are actually quite small and YES it did pass my inspection and I did not see the "Sharpy" touch up. The way these pieces were laid up was to have the part most exposed in CF and the rest blacked out, and finished in clearcoat. These pics are taken with the rad suport held up to light when in fact no light will pass through and therefore the issues at hand would not be visible at all.

Josh, please take a pic of your rad support either on the ground or flat surface and post it up. I'm sure the overall look of the rad support is far from being as poor as you have made it out to be.

I'm dissapointed in the lack of support to say the least from the members and the full effort from some to bash at any opportunity. You have an issue with what i sent you? Take it up with me. I do my best to make sure everyone is satisfied. Dont try to drag my name through the mud.

All efforts made to get unique products out there and available seem to be wasted at this point. I now have second thoughts about making the GS lip or the cargo cover available. Not only will I not sell enough pieces to justify the costs involved; I'm certain that I'll get more negative feedback than anything else. Perhaps someone out there will take on the project and get them made at a reasonable cost, within a reasonable timeframe and quality.

Josh, post a pic as I suggested to see the overall look and to give a better indication.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

PS I was in NO way trying to compare the BUSINESS PRACTICE of MARSH to OSCAR. I was simply saying that the pics I saw looked like something MARSH would make and put on his POS car. I am sure most of you remember seeing pics of his car. 8) It was a TOTAL and UTTER piece of crap. From the body work, to the interior, to the F'ed up dash. Oscar is a good guy and im sure he will make it right. Oscar said he would put this thing on his car so I guess it was good enough to ship out.
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Appearance”