Possible GB: Seat Re-uphostery kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Now this i dont get :roll:

You say its has been put off because of lacking response??
It dosent help it if we "the interrested" keep bumping this thread when the questions we asked didnt get answered, i know i have been waiting 4ever to see if and when perry came back.

The thread went dead because perry hasent replyed on here since 22 april..

I was interrested then and now, and i think others will be too if the tread gets picked up again :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Taras

Post by Taras »

Talked to Perry today. Yes he is very busy. He has enough work right now unitl the end of the year. He will still do the GB of course as agreed. I asked him if he will do only three sets as a minimum order and he said yes. Now, we just need to get a go-ahead from Jeff on this one. Same prices, same setup. Last time I was at his shop (end of Jul) he had a set of used Mx-3 seats that he picked up from the wreckers. He already has made patterns and will do a test set in leather/vynil to make sure it fits very well.

DJ, please post the questions you would like answered. I will try to get them for you as best as I can.

Lars, I know last you wanted a Honda-cloth and Perry said that it is quite expensive and may not be very feasible.

Additionally, from Kevin's (Ovendenk) suggestion Perry will do a second pocket behind the driver's seat and will include hog-ring pliers for ease of installation. Embroidery could be also had for a reasonable cost ($10-20 a seat). Image digitazation could cost a bit, but actual embroidering is cheap. I already have "MS" and "Mazdaspeed" digitized if anyone wants.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Darn!

How much was it for the leather again? It will be hot-hot-hot in the summertime though.

Will the black and red combination look funny with tweed? Honestly?

These are the choices that are open for me now, as I see it...
'92 GS
My worklog
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

when i was talking with perry a long time ago he had said that a leather and suede/vinyl combo would be around $1400. hope this helps.
kevin (aka The Oven)
93 mx-3 GS KL-ZE with KL31 cams and properly chipped ecu
All mods are on my website: http://ca.geocities.com/ovendenk
MX-3.com Worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=48462
Taras

Post by Taras »

I'll give you guys my leather suggestions later this evening.
Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Taras wrote:I'll give you guys my leather suggestions later this evening.
Cheers.
Here it goes.
If I would do leather I would keep the following in mind.
-It takes a full hide to do front seats and back ssats, but that is only the seating surfaces. And our seats are quite curvaceaous.
-Here is what I came up with. It sucks to have leather seating surfaces and then the sides and back with vinyl. Only high ens cars like Jaguars etc. come with full leather seats, most come with vinyl sides and back.
-As our seats are quite curved, having vinyl sides will basically be in direct view as sides are curved forward.
-Although there are good vinyls, leather sides would be a must for mx-3.
-Doing leather faces, sides and back faces would be vert expensive
-Solution is to do front leather sides and faces. Vinyl backs of front seats
-This way they are much more well built too to withstand tears and wear.
-No one rides in back seats anyway. Do them in full vinyl.

-With what is proposed above you will get much better quality front seats (better than OEM) in high end leather and then matching vinyl back seats at cheap.
-I beleive the cost of this proposition is C$1400, most kits will cost you about US$800-900 = about C$1100.
-The problem with leather is fitment, trying to avoid wrinkles. Kits are always baggy and you never end up with a prefect OEM looking seat. Perry is going to make sure these fit nice and snug with perfect fit.

So, if you want leather, just do the front ones and then backs are vinyl, you cut a bit of a cost out.

Cheers.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

verzutiko wrote:Darn!

How much was it for the leather again? It will be hot-hot-hot in the summertime though.

Will the black and red combination look funny with tweed? Honestly?

These are the choices that are open for me now, as I see it...
Got A/C?

I think Black/Red Tweed will look awesome. I kinda wish I went with black/blue tweed instead of gray/blue, but my car is gray.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

Got a go ahead from Jeff that three (3) people minimum is fine. So this GB is officially three people minimum. Please, those interested and serious about this, let's finalise it. Please post here. I know Verzutiko and Ovendenk were very serious from the got go, but please confirm. First three are a go, we will stop there and start producing.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

what's the timeline we're talking about? i start my coop job in two weeks, so it'll be a month before i have the full amount for this gb. i'm in, but give me some time to recoup from not having a decent job for the last 4 months.

btw, i find it kinda ironic that it was me really pushing this before and now that it's happening, i'm saying wait a sec. :lol:
kevin (aka The Oven)
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Hmm, got nasty letter in the mail today. Seems that I have to delay this buy until next year. Sorry guys, but if you go ahead now, you have to count me out. You know I'm burning for new interior, but as my finances are at the moment, I can't see myself buying this set just now.
'92 GS
My worklog
Taras

Post by Taras »

Kevin, I would not sweat it too much, by the time we get all the serious people figure out, you will have enough time. I'll talk to Perry and see if he wants to place a deadline on it. For now it is until we get Three people confirmed.

Lars, sorry to hear about your situation. Hope that next year you dtill will be able to get what you want. Best of Luck.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

well I would be interested pending on when this will close out, cause I am getting my ze next month and I am looking to getting the headlights from tatsu if that goes through so when are we looking for a deadline?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
ovendenk
Supporting Member

Post by ovendenk »

i would like these as soon as i have the money cause last time this was a go, i had the money and it never went through. i'll have the money in like a month, so that's when i'd like to have mine so i can enjoy them for the last bit of the summer. 8) i just hope others will have the money by then and this doesn't fall through again.
kevin (aka The Oven)
Taras

Post by Taras »

Well, as soon as we have three people confirmed, it's a go, and we will consider it a deadline. Let's aim for Sep 30 so this does not drag on and on.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
whitezombie666

Interior for 94'

Post by whitezombie666 »

I would love to get an interior done for my 94' MX3 would that be possible?

:twisted: steve :twisted:

Return to “Appearance”