[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
onlytrueromeo

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Ya, if we don't get the molds ordered, this will never happen.
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Just saw this, havent been on much lately, but suddenly we can get all sorts of nice things for the MX!!

I would love a complete upgrade/change of all the old rubber bushings, but i have a few questions..
I had the shi..y SRD front control arm bushings in the front and i had to dissasemble everything and lube again and again, oh and again, because of the enoying squeaky-klonky sounds allways comming back when the grease was washed away....

I went back to stock rubber and started to love my car again, simply because it stopped sounding like a old car about to fall apart :mrgreen:

I want good handeling, but i dont want the squeaky sounds again!!!

So does poly bushings allso squeak, can anyone tell me for sure???

I can see theese are with steel inner sleeves, which is what the SRD's missed to have worked probertly.
But since i live in a country with a lot of rain and in the winter salty roads, i know plated steel gets rusty pretty quick...

Wouldnt it be possible to get the inner sleeves in stainless?
I would pay extra for getting a set, that i know will not get rusty with time, starting to bind and not moving probertly, again..

Allso im thinking that the bushings on the swaybar is important in the handeling of the car allso, am i wrong?

Im from Europe and i read that there could possibly be differences, so the bushings wouldnt fit my car???

Sorry for all the questions so late in the game, but im seriously interrested :D
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Few answers to your questions:

The design that we have for the bushings is so that we hope to prevent squeaking as much as possible. Honestly, we have no testing so we can't say for sure how long it will last before it needs to be re-greased. With every performance upgrade there are a few things you need to sacrifice. That being said, I'm very confident this design is superior to the SRD bushing design. We also get alot of rain over here (and snow and salt on the roads) and I am not worried. The grease grooves, and the fact that they are two part bushings *could* make it so they don't ever have to be regreased over the life of the bushing.

About the inner sleeves - the idea of stainless was addressed, but stainless is not only much harder to cut, it is also much more expensive. I believe we are going to try to get the sleeves electroplated with either zinc or magnesium.

This kit does not include swaybar bushings at this time, but there will possibly be a group buy on an alternative for them in the future.

The bushings should fit fine on your car, as far as I know.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I think John is going to want to be on the payroll soon.

I have a sample of the grease on its way to me now. The issue with poly squeaking is due mainly tot he use of the wrong lubricant. The stuff i'm buying is silicone based and is seriously the stickiest sh!t in the known universe. You have to use gloves to handle it. It won't wash away. The placement of the grooves should also ensure that it isn't washed away.

I am having the steel sleeves Cadmium plated. It's not the best case scenario, but stainless is very expensive and there is a minimum order that I can't afford to purchase. There is also a much higher machining cost. If I was selling 30 or 40 sets it would be worth while. Perhaps in the future I will make them available in stainless.

The cost of the sway bar bushings outweighs their benefit in my opinion. I am working on a Nylatron solution for the sway bars, which can be entirely cut on a lathe. It's a bit of a slow process though. One thing at a time.

I have had a UK member measure up the bushings I'm not certain will fit over there and I think it's ok. I will know for sure very soon. I will tell you what I told him. One way or another, I will make sure you get what you need. If I have to send you a set of used trailing arms that I know fit, I will do that.

I hope this helps you.
Charlie
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Deposit paid for hopefully a full kit, one way or another :)

I will get that other measurement soon.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Onlytrueromeo - full kit, deposit paid
Flyer - full kit, deposit paid
Tehbrookzorz - full kit, deposit paid
Fowljesse - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
Nightfire - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
hppwdn - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
Towona - full kit, deposit paid
Mooneggs - 2x lateral links and trailing arms, paid
Marcdh - full kit, deposit paid

hgallegos915 - not sure what he's interested in, not paid
Nd4SpdSe - full kit, not paid
mx-3_4evr - full kit, not paid

1 more full kit and we're on. A couple of guys have said to me that they will be paying before the deadline so I'd say at this point its almost a lock. I've started acquiring materials.

Way to go team!
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

muhahaha :twisted:
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Is this your paypal account? wytbushings@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I got the money for it!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

that is correct.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Alright, if this goes through, and it looks like it will, put me down for a pair of LCA rear bushings. Seems I'm all good on the trailing, so just need the LCA rears.

Gimme the price and I'll send you the money.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Just LCA rears will run you $45 + shipping. Make sure you are up to speed with the sizing of the Rear LCA bushings. Cars made after 06/94 have a larger shell for the LCA rear bushing. I am making my bushing to fit the pre 06/94 size shell.

Just so we're clear.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

My shells are 46 mm, which is the smaller size, right? Even if something doesn't match, I can always source the earlier year brackets.

$45 + shipping sounds good. I can paypal you the $45 now just as a deposit, and then cover shipping later, once you know how much it'll be, if you want.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That would be ideal. Once I have the parts I will be able to calculate shipping very accurately. For what you're getting it shouldn't be very much to ship.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Right on. Sent.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”