//***v6 turbo kit in production...yes!!! for the mx-3***\\

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

well for those of us who dont know everything about turbo cars...is their any website or mannual you reccomond reading up on to tell us everything that we need to know???
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ya for basics howstuffworks.com
for a very good lecture. Maximum boost by Corky Bell.
Then read the thread in the force induction forums on Propetalk.
That should get you going for a bit.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

so does mmi know ROUGHLY the cost this kit will be or do they gotta get it first they they'll know? i know they said that theyd have a good idea when they get it im j/w if theyve come up with anythin yet.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Neil

Post by Neil »

Babyblue,

Have you tried a mazdaspeed bumper yet to see if it fits? Just curious since you said you were going to try and fit it. Or did you cancel that idea since your making it to fit the stock bumper?

Regardless this kit is going to be great.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Complete kit will include (more than likely, although not 100% determined):

-Garrett T3/T40E turbo
-Intercooler Piping (2.5")
-Front Mount Intercooler
-RFl style BOV
-Collectors (1.75")
-Up pipe (2"-2.75)
-Downpipe (2.5" or 3")
-Silicone hose/Clamps
-All Gaskets
-Nuts 'N bolts

Of course you will still need to tap into the oil pan for an oil return line and modify the crossmember at minimum. Like Babyblue said, you need to know what your doing because there are little things needed in order to have an efficient system.

Pricing will be anounced shortly...

http://mmiperformance.com/xcart/image.p ... ctid=16137
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

well I work on it a bit today.
piping fits fine now behind stock bumper (a couple of twist and turns and voila)
intercooler size will be roughly 24x6x2.5 (end tank to end tank) (still have to figure the exact dimensions)
well this is roughly how it looks as of now. Still have to work on those end as you can see (pointing a little downwards)

with the bumper on:

from the passenger side (underneath):

from the drive side:

where the filter is:

I'll do the final touches soon and send them to MMI so they can start producing them
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

ok a group buy will be settled soon:
I just want to let the people know things have to be modded.
1. X-member (the one with the engine mounts on) will have to be cut and welded in order to have to downpipe and upipe to go trough there
2.Cross member doesn't fit unless you mod it. I am not running with one and I have no problem what so ever. I also got a friend with BIG hp mx-3 (drag323 for those who know him) and he's running without one too so it's up to you.
3.Stock fan don't fit in stock location, you'll have to buy 2 slim fans and mount them on the other side of the rad (not sure if they'll be included in the kit or not)
4. Oil pan will have to be tapped with a fitting (as high as possible) for the turbo oil drain.
5. Relocate the battery in the trunk
6. There might be slight adjustment to be made for the intercooler piping (just a little part) where the TB connects with the piping since the k8 manifold is not the same size as the klze manifold. (those witha klde or straigh neck manifold will have to work with it). So I'll make the piping longer for the k8 manifold and hopefully for those with a kzle manifold you'll just have to cut the piping for the right length for the klze manifold

I think that's all I can't think of now.

As far as updates, I'm waiting on MMI to send me a intercooler so I can final test fit everything and we'll be good to go !
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

im starting a new job here in about 2 weeks and the cash is gonna be flowing ALOT more, so i might very well be in for one of these kits
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mazdachad

Post by mazdachad »

Wait are you saying you are running without a crossmember whatsoever and it is doing alright?
94 green rs
92 black gs project bpt. daily driven bpt in a gs...lovin the boost
monky20

Post by monky20 »

what is the piping made of..aluminum or stainless....i might have miss that post...
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

monky20 wrote:what is the piping made of..aluminum or stainless....i might have miss that post...
T304 Stainless Steel (aircraft quailty), and held together by machined TIG welds
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

mazdachad wrote:Wait are you saying you are running without a crossmember whatsoever and it is doing alright?
yup, not the one that holds the engine with the engine mounts on it. the one that goes across from driver to passenger side under the exhaust tunnel
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Code_Kid

Post by Code_Kid »

will the kit still be able to be bought after the buy in ??
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yes but probably with higher prices
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

OMG, I can hardly wait!!

Can You Smell What the BabyBlue is Cooking!!

LOL.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Forced Induction”