Marc's S2- Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE -BOOOOOSSST videooooooo

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
youdirtyfox
antispam: No

Re: Marc's S2- Autozam AZ-3 B5ZE -BOOOOOSSST videooooooo

Post by youdirtyfox »

Lovely shots Marc!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I ordered a Dinitrol underbody and cavity wax kit and booked in to apply it at a DIY garage where you can hire car lifts.

What a lonnnnnnnngggggg day in the cold! Job is done. Rust was minimal.

Neighbouring 2 stroke:

Want my own lift!

ARch holes

Front before, mmm 3" downpipe

Under before

Worst rust on the car, minor scabs, pretreated then blasted with dinitrol

half done

half two

done

mmm clean arches

Process:
steam clean
dried for 48hrs
removed arch trims skirts exhaust, exhaust shields etc
washed down with white spirit and sponge
blew air through all cavities
Dinitrol ML cavity wax all holes
Wait a bit
Mask stuff
Dinitrol thick wax all the rest
Leave to dry
Pick up Monday
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

Your car looks so great!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to do the same kind of rust prevention! This car will LAST! Most cars in that region rust away in a heart beat. Scotland, Ireland, and England must use some REALLY aggressive road salt. Or it might just be the humidity. I got a presso from the UK that was one of the rustiest cars I had ever seen under it. I hate looking at your paint though. It makes my black look so terrible :lol: :lol: I cant wait for a fresh spray :D
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Haha thanks! Yep I hope so! Agreed, this being my 4th mx-3. First two rusting away at jacking points, 3rd bought rust and the worst. This one rough on the outside but great underbody! They go mental with salt over here!

My paint isn't great, photographs OK though.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
View Worklog
mazdamx3bds

Post by mazdamx3bds »

marcdh, can you email me the wire pinouts or ecu information that you used to connect the Megasquirt to your MX-3. I am looking at going the same MS route using 460cc or 550cc injectors. Email oliver_sargeant@hotmail.com
Supertech Forged Pistons, ARP Studs, ACL Bearings, Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, T3 50trim Turbo,Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Custom Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, Megasquirt V2, RX7 460cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

mazdamx3bds - I will hopefully have a decent shot at getting you those next weekend.

Some pics after putting the skirts back on :)

View Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Not to bad :love:
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
mazdamx3bds

Post by mazdamx3bds »

Thanks marc,

I will look out for the email regarding the Megasquirt info.

Your car looks great and I like the engine bay setup as well.

I am hoping to post some pics of my new setup soon.
Supertech Forged Pistons, ARP Studs, ACL Bearings, Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, T3 50trim Turbo,Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Custom Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, Megasquirt V2, RX7 460cc Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Thanks guys!

I decided the worst looking part of my car was the rear bumper. It came with the car pretty hammered with minor collision damage. Fortunately nothing frame bendingly serious.

Rough old bumper, dented and apparently painted with dulux with a yard brush, also rubber "I can't park strips":

The 'new' bumper from a certain scrap car. Had to be rubbed back down to plastic due to silicone inclusions on the last persons respray.

Rusty bracketry

Loose rust off

Dipped in magical green liquid:

Dererusted and acid etch primed, later 2k painted:

Worst bit of the cars rear:

Quick 2k new paint on the rear panel:

Shiny HKS and new paint :D
View Worklog
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Paint looked a bit orange peely with various defects from spraying outside in the winter (6 degrees C), whilst it inevitably rained! I finally dared to try wetsanding with 2000 grit. Very scary at first as it removed all shine. Then the DA polisher came out and saved the day. It is now my best painted part yet :) I will upload some better pics when I get a chance to finish it. It just won't stop raining!

Also got bored of rubber pedals so this happened:

Had to trim accelerator pedal to avoid unsightly pedal over pedal appearance

Much drilling later:
View Worklog
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah that first wetsanding is scary. We bury the final coat of clear on thick (who cares about solvent popping and sags on the final coat but i never get that) and sand it all out with 1000 grit then 1200 then wet sand with 3000 extra steps i know but with a DA sander its fast. When its polished it looks REALLY glassy and smoooooth. I love it. Then I always rub the cars I paint. I like that feel more than a womans skin. Weird I know. To bad i dont have the patience to be a painter as a career. :lol: :lol: The bumper came out good. I love that your keeping it glossy black and not some dull spray paint color. That seems to be in now a days.
mazdamx3bds

Post by mazdamx3bds »

I am very impressed at the effort being put into this car.

Great job.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Haha cheers Arnold. Ordered some stronger cutting polish to get it done faster :) lol at the feel, I was rubbing it and stroking it then felt like I probably looked like a creep. If I get near an empty garage I'll respray the whole thing.

mazdamx3bds thanks, did you see the MS pinout in the tuning electronics part? It's not finished but it's probably most of the info you need.
View Worklog
mazdamx3bds

Post by mazdamx3bds »

marcdh, Thanks I just saw it and posted a question for you to look at it when you get the chance.

BTW how much boost are you running currently and what is the duty cycle like on the RX8 injectors, I have 460cc RX7 injectors to use on my setup and hoping I have enough headroom to run 18psi.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”