Tavman's - 93 White BPT

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Tavman's - 93 White MX3 BPT

Post by Tavman_1213 »

I heated it up so it would mold easier plus it's a tar backing so by heating it up it adhered to the door very nicely!
I did get the other door panel done, it seems like 1 roll does one door!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Have you driven the car around with it on yet? how well does it cut it down. I have been seriously thinking about doing this as well. and the stuff from the hardware store is a lot cheaper than Dynomat or brownbag.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Josh wrote:Have you driven the car around with it on yet? how well does it cut it down.
Hahaha I think this is always the funniest!! Nothin against you josh!! I have never driven my car since i bought it, so I won't be able to tell you if it's there is a difference!! I trying to do most things people wish they would have done along time ago in one shoot!! That's why this build is taking sooo damn long!! I just wish I had better patients but I know the longer I wait the better the out come will be!!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Lol nice! ... I guess I should pay more attention :) I thought with all the engine build pics a will ago it was running. Great work thus far!

What's funny is I read like 20 reviews on Lowes web site and not one of them were for the products intended use, all were sound deadening autos. The mx is just so loud I want to know it will work before I blow 40 bucks ;)
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

There's alot worse things you could spend 40 bucks on! Everyone that I know that has done this has loved this stuff so I say do it!!
The only thing I am waiting for to put my engine in an get t runnin are my stupid head bolts!!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Did you go with ARP studs or OE? ARP's are nice
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Yes sir I did go with ARP, but stupid me I didn't want to pay the extra $40 bucks in freight to get them here quicker so the place that I bought them from put them in with their stock order which takes 2-3 weeks(2 weeks ago now). They said its taking them so long because their stock orders they are making with ARP are about 30-40 grand worth of bolts, so it takes that long for their warehouse to pick all of them!!
Oh well atleast I have little things keeping me going on this car, so it doesnt feel like I am sitting around with my thumb up my a$$!! The only good thing that has come from me waiting for these bolts is that it gave me time to clean out the engine bay before the motor goes back in!! Plus all my other things should be in: Corksport clutch line, corksport shifter bushings and my SPEC 2+ clutch hehehe. Plus I ordered the Mazda Speed shift knob(not the real one just the eBay nock off one!) which will look pretty clean.
The part I am really excited about once the engine is in is how my valve cover will look in the car :freak: it will look insane!! :twisted:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

everything looks great man! glad you cleaned the engine bay, looks much better

i should really get on registering my car and breaking in the clutch so your not done your whole car before i even do that XD
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Ok been ordering stuff for my car left right an center!! Still waiting on my stupud head bolts, which is starting to piss me off!! Oh well got some pics of the finished peel an seal!

I wish I had more rolls so that I could do the rest of my floor an possibly the roof!! But this should help alot!!
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Tavis, you must tell me where you go the rolls! I'm tired of hearing wind noise :/
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

RobMinhas wrote:Tavis, you must tell me where you go the rolls! I'm tired of hearing wind noise :/
that won't help wind noise as the culprit of that would most likely be bad window seals and such.
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

So finally on monday I got my ARP head studs!!! Also my SPEC clutch plus my order from corksport which included bronze shifter bushings an a SS clutch line!!
Then the fun part assembling the engine after tearing it down 2 months ago!! Its all together now just a few little things like figuring out heater hoses. I got a new starter an alternator for it to!!

The hardest part about putting the engine in the car is figuring out the bolts because when i bought the car nothing was assembled accept the motor plus to top it all off the guy gave me literally a plastic container saying these are all the bolts i could find an i think they are for the car........ :shock: :confused2:
Plus what I have been doing will the bolts is giving them a little clean up so they look nice an thread in easily. which invovles a wire wheel on the end of a cordless drill (alittle painful yes but it makes it look just alittle nicer an not look like i slapped everything together!!)

Oh a wicked surprise was that my wife got me a new windshield for the MX!!! I was totally not expecting that but she was getting hers done on her car so she paid to get mine done!! :freak: Plus the guys that installed my windshield let me sand alittle bit of rust that was starting around the top passanger part of the windshield. They also had some primer with rust inhibtor in it which they apply(I am soo thank ful those guys let me take the 10 minutes to sand an prep the area!!)

So I have had 2 very stupid moment with putting the transmission in first was using a socket just alittle to small for the pilot bearing to put it in, inturn crushing the inner portion of it!!! :roll: Then after getting the transmission in and doing up the bottom bolts through the oil pan relizing I forgot the plate between the engine an the transmission........ FACK me!! Oh well atleast i didnt have all the mounts attached already. I felt stupid after that one!! So yes this car has been fighting me every step of the way!!

The next thing that is holding me up is finding the jack shaft for the passanger side of the transmission because I have now found out that both BPs with an F series and G series transmission use a jack shaft but here is the kicker they are 2 different lengths!!! only by 5/8 of an inch!!! If you look at the 2 transmissions side by side where the output shaft is on the passnager side is 5/8 of an inch recessed!! PITA!!!!!! oh well heres a couple pictures of the engine in

And of course I had to put my valve cover on to see how it looks :freak:
Had to take it on a angle because of the lighting in my garage!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Everything looks great man, i love the detail your putting into everything

kinda funny cause when i saw the post in facebook and my first thought was, "huh, i thought he would throw on his other VC to see what it looks like, guess he didn't"

btw who did your windshield?
Tavman_1213

Post by Tavman_1213 »

Holy S**t it's alive!!! Well NA cause I need to route piping for the front mount and get my BOV(just to be safe)!!! Besides a couple of couple little hick ups it ran awesome!! The lifters were alittle noisy to begin with(even after priming the engine for a minute straight of cranking with out the coil hooked up) but they have quiet down some what, the head did sit for almost 2-3 years! I did lub the crap out of everything so if they continue to be noisy I will probably replace them but for now they are fine!
Also got one wheel bearing an ball joint done!! It's taking a long a-- time to do anything on this because I am cleaning an painting everything! The list things to do is finally getting smaller an I can see alittle bit of light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

looks wicked man!!!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”