Arthur's 1993 mx-3 rs

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
ethand
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Arthur's 1993 mx-3 :]

Post by ethand »

Haha well from what we can see, you've done an awesome job of it, and its certainly come a very very long way since you got it!!
Haha yeah, I won't risk my interior just yet... Like I say, I think I might buy a second MX, or even something else that's in real rough condition when I get back from exchange, then play around with everything I'm unsure of doing to Zeke on that car first haha :)
Haha sweet, I am actually kinda jealous of you there - my car doesn't earn a place in our garage either (apparently dad's gym equipment is more important), and we don't have the space either side of my car to fit a car tent, so the poor thing has to sit out in the harsh Australian sun... :(
'92 JDM Eunos Presso - Zeke
racycle

Post by racycle »

lol Well I can't wait to see what ever project you start :D That sucks man :[ I hope you have a strong clear coat.

racycle's Worklog!
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=76991
-RIP

Current Toy
http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=80470

Please don't tap on the hood. It disturbs the gerbils.
ethand

Post by ethand »

haha yeah, it'll hopefully be worth the near-2yr wait, hey?! :roll:
Nah, clear coats here are the same as elsewhere, which is why it's so common for paintwork to fade/peel over here, especially if it doesn't get polished & waxed regularly...
racycle

Post by racycle »

Time for a update :]

The parts I bought from "mx3 4evr" came in last night! big thanks to that guy :D

The strut bar, probably gonna be awhile before I start under the hood though.

First thing i did was touch up my sound proofing job and mounted my door speakers! no longer on the floor :P

Then I cut my tweeter holes. For them I took sharpie and traced the housing. Then took a exicto knife and cut closely inside the circle for a tighter fit. Then used a pointy knife and cut out the circle for the harder material by pressing on it till the knife started to go through and did it all the way around in 4 triangles. Personally I think using a knife was a lot easier then any drill or power tool. I feel like I have more control and less likely to mess up.

I had a extra strip of fabric laying around from the back panels and seats that I wasn't saving for the doors so I did the speaker covers. All I really did was put small cuts to put the fabric over the latches and pulled it tight as I did each one.

-driver side-

-passenger side-

I still haven't sound proofed the driver side door or put on the passenger side panel. I also got to take them back off to put my fabric over the center section when ever I get some more 3M adhesive spray.

Also I FINALLY got a decent camera :D no more pre-paid phone pictures I hope haha.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

ethand

Post by ethand »

Yay for the camera!!
Haha wasn't the colour of the speakers the inspiration for the whole colour theme of the car?! So why cover them over?! Hahaha
Still looks great though ;)
racycle

Post by racycle »

Haha yea they were :P but they turned out to be more metallic then the color I used. :P Also I don't have anything to mount them to besides the door.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Sisko182

Post by Sisko182 »

I've been pretty out of touch with the forums for the past while, and I come back to this - holy crap you have been bust. Definitely coming along nicely. Always cool when a driver throws their own personality into the car. Looking good.
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781
racycle

Post by racycle »

Thanks, I have been pretty absent myself. Hopefully soon I can start doing some more work. :P

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Nice on the Corksport strut bar!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
racycle

Post by racycle »

Thanks :] , Found out today that not having a garnish is becoming quite bad... Lifted my trunk today and water pored out onto my amp so rust hazard also the glass that covers the 3rd brake light fell off. Anyone have any suggested sealants to use to put it back on? Also dose anyone know where I can get a replacement? I would buy one off here but pay-pal wants a lot of personal info from me such as my ssn to continue my account :/

Anyway , enough with the bad. I had some spare time today so I picked up more insulation to finish soundproofing and such along with more 3m adhesive spray. I will be ordering my seats and seat belts tomorrow, bank is closed today lol. I got my passenger door finished :D Must be a bad day for me as I messed up a dozen times but it turned out 'ok' considering I did my fabric over the oem :P. Next side should be better with a little more experience under my belt!

Finally with the pictures.

~before I put the panel on the car~

~and on the car~

The black spots by the handle is from the adhesive spray being to thick and it actually pulled the color out of the oem fabric under it. Also cut a little to short when doing the edges but good enough :D

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

racycle

Post by racycle »

Finished doing the driver side door today. Hopefully I will have time to do the actual panel tomorrow. Also a picture of what I was saying about my back glass.

Got something new to play with to :D

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I wouldn't have thought I'd like that color, but it all looks good!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
racycle

Post by racycle »

Has anyone ever ordered anything from "Hyper auto parts"? I ordered seats over a month ago and am having quite a hard time getting in touch with them.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i quickly googled "hyper auto parts review" on google and came up with multiple bad reviews so you might wanna take a look at them and see if they had their issue resolved and what they did to get it resolved
racycle

Post by racycle »

I did the same thing to. I was just hoping I could get some results here before I went off venturing.

racycle's Worklog!
-RIP

Current Toy

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”