[FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
tehbrookzorz

Re: [FS] Polyurethane Bushings

Post by tehbrookzorz »

YES!
Cody
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I will send my $200 for a complete kit in 2 weeks :D
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

OK. Here's where we stand.

Onlytrueromeo - full kit, deposit paid
Flyer - full kit, deposit paid
Tehbrookzorz - full kit, deposit paid
Fowljesse - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
Nightfire - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
hppwdn - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
Towona - full kit, deposit paid

Mooneggs - 2x lateral links and trailing arms, not paid
Marcdh - full kit, not paid
hgallegos915 - not sure what he's interested in, not paid
Nd4SpdSe - full kit, not paid
mx-3_4evr - full kit, not paid

If 4 of these 5 members buy in, we are definitely on. Anybody waiting to see what will happen...there you go. Once these members make payment I will place the order for the molds. I will continue to take orders for bushings until the molds are delivered which will be approximately May 11. At that time I'll have to place the order for the poly.

Right now it looks like we will be moving forward. Nd4SpdSE and hgallegos915 are the only ones on that list I think who are undecided.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
rece

Post by rece »

I am interested, but am not entirely sure of the durometer to get. My ride is already prety harsh. Maybe 80A fronts 70A rears.

Any coments on this would be appreciated.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the hardness of the bushings will not affect the harshness of the ride. The only potential affect I foresee is; if you have too soft of bushings for your swaybar, like I may... I'm getting 70A bushings, and I have the Whiteline 22mm swaybar with hard swaybar bushings + solid endlinks, so I suspect that it may have a "waggle" when I hit a pothole, since it'll pull up the other wheel.. It's hard to explain, but it's not a big deal.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

No, Jesse. The firmness of the bushings will definitely affect the softness of the ride. The bushings are there specifically to provide a cushion between the rigid suspension parts and the even more rigid chassis of the car. So when the wheel hits a bump in the road that shock is absorbed by the bushing and (mostly) not transmitted through the chassis to the driver.

As far as what you should get Rece... I think there's a fine line between a car that feels tight, and a car that feels harsh. My personal opinion is, unless you're going to try to be competitive on some level, 70A is going to be perfect. Some people prefer a ride that is a little harder though, so maybe you're one of those guys. I would not recommend 80 for the majority of street drivers.

Also, I want to be clear that my "hypothesis" about the active rear suspension being tied to the stiffness of the bushings is only hypothesis. I make no claims to understanding the intention of the Mazda designers. I don't want people complaining later that I told them to buy this firmness or that for a particular bushing. I have never done that. Any experiments you all try on your cars is your own idea and attempted at your own cost and risk.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
rece

Post by rece »

point taken, Maybe the 70 all around wil be better suited for my car and ride preference. I will get you the deposit as soon as i can, and before the deadline if no issues come up.
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I'd get the 90
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My car has H&R springs with Gabriel struts, and the hardest Energy suspension bushings available all around (I dont know the durometer), and it's less harsh than all the other lowered MX-3s I've ridden in. It could be the struts :shrug:
It's a very tight ride, but the RWS doesn't move much.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well a good spring/shock combination will absourbe the bumps in the road preperly that's for sure. Butt he bushings are intended to absourbe the "shock" loads. While your ride is probably nice and soft, I'm betting you feel a fair bit of road vibration. You're probably just used to it and don't really feel it anymore.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

(Mooneggs hops off fence) payment sent for 2 rear kits!!!

Right now I'm thinking 70/80 durometers for the DD and 80/90 durometers for the race car... Wytbishop - maybe you could list the durometers everybody is requesting? I'm still unsure if mixing them is the way to go... but it seems like the bushings in the arms should be a little more flexible :dunno:
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I posted a link to an article about miatas. Most of what is available for Miatas is 80+ Durometer. Everyone talked about how much it improved their ride, some even wanted a harder durometer. I did not want the extreme 90A, but felt the 70 was too close to stock for me (stock is around 65 I believe) I chose 80 because I felt it was a good mix between the 2, and from reading on other forums, most poly bushings are at or above 80 durometer. I have the 80 durometer AWR engine mounts, and I do not notice/mind the vibration coming from the ENGINE. I don't think vibrations/resonance from driving will be uncomfortable to me. Anything will be better than the terrible ride quality of my worn rubber bushings. I think a harder durometer will transfer the small imperfections in the road more, but will not come into play much when hitting a big pothole. The only time I think they'll be annoying is when driving over hatched concrete and possible going over bridges, the only times when small imperfections produce extreme vibrational response in suspension.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Onlytrueromeo - full kit, deposit paid
Flyer - full kit, deposit paid
Tehbrookzorz - full kit, deposit paid
Fowljesse - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
Nightfire - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
hppwdn - Lateral links & Trailing arms, paid
Towona - full kit, deposit paid
Mooneggs - 2x lateral links and trailing arms, paid

Marcdh - full kit, not paid
hgallegos915 - not sure what he's interested in, not paid
Nd4SpdSe - full kit, not paid
mx-3_4evr - full kit, not paid

Ever closer we creep.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I'm amazed this isn't going faster.
Cody
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Is it .. considered legit .. to start one last new thread titled Group buy for polyurethane bushings needs <x> more participants! in case people stopped monitoring / aren't noticing this thread?

I can't believe out of our entire community we can't find more than this many people who want to take advantage of possibly the last chance to buy such critical custom suspension components like this..
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”