Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)

What do you think bout the lights?

Yes I like the projectors!
33%
I like em, but I'd go with black insteada chrome..
59%
I like the idea, but not this design.
No votes
Yes, I like the general idea. I'll post more about my response below..
3%
No on the halos.
1%
No on the leds.
3%
Just say, "No."
1%

Total votes: 143

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Spyder Halo Projector Headlights for Your Mx3! Coming Soon..

Post by Mooneggs »

when you test fit it make sure to TAKE SOME PICS :D
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Your kidding right, how much is a wrecked MX-3. You can buy one, do your fitment and return it to the yard. I just hope whoever responds to this gets free headlites. I'm at a lose here,,,,,,,,,,,
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Those headlights are a quantem leap over our almost useless head lights. Sometimes at night.... it's almost as if they aren't even on. I'l take them in chrome, as posted earlier.
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
SpyderMan

Post by SpyderMan »

Daninski wrote:Your kidding right, how much is a wrecked MX-3. You can buy one, do your fitment and return it to the yard. I just hope whoever responds to this gets free headlites. I'm at a lose here,,,,,,,,,,,
umm.. we carry products for over 100 different lighting applications.. we're supposed to purchase a wrecked car for test fitting? and then if the wrecked car had any front damages, your guys' lights would come out fitting like random crap? sorry this isn't some DIY project. we're the largest manufacturer of aftermarket lights. even greddy/hks etc use test vehicles for their performance parts. all we're doing is removing ure lights, and then putting them back in..
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I can't believe no one is jumping on this.

If I had a valid passport I'd drive the 2 days it'd take to get down there.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Pay for my gas and I will go with ya haha
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Ditto.
Cody
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I would but my car is not running lol
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I'd be happy to test them, but I live in SFL. I did all the testing for the MX3 traction bars and those come from Canada. Just have to ship things back and forth. Just a thought if you can't find someone local.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
Volones

Post by Volones »

Hey Spyderman,

Please don't be offended by peoples' remarks here, there have been a number of people/companies that offered to create projector headlights for our MX-3s and every one so far has failed. It has reached the point of Epic Fail overall. There are a lot of people here that desperately want functional and attractive lights like yours, as you can probably tell by the number of responses, but there have also been a lot of promises that fell through and people have lost money more than once.

That being said, the design does seem a bit "busy" for me, but then I'm a VERY conservative designer, so there ya go. I would purchase a set as is if I could afford them; black would be preferrable, but chrome would be OK also. I'm not a fan of the LEDs unless they could be rigged up as DRLs (but my '95 doesn't have DRLs so the wiring would also have to be included). I don't care for turn signals as part of the lights as I feel the headlights overwhelm them at night, and I have deep personal issues with not being seen by other vehicles. That's my $.02, and I really hope that y'all are able to get this done to the benefit of everyone.

Vol!
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Well said, Volones.
Spyderman, you can send them to hppwdn, or choose someone whom you would trust (A moderator, etc..).
I'm sure someone, myself included, would be willing to send a deposit to recieve them for a test fit. You could even send them to CorkSport, as they could be a big distributor, and they could fit them.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

no on corksport, as they would jack the prices because they would need to make money too. I wouldn't want to buy from anyone but the manufacturer if possible.
TigEer

Post by TigEer »

VERY VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When and where will this projector be made available??!!! All I'm hoping for is that it would be an exact fit, HID compatible (9004 bulbs), won't cloud up, and MAKE AVAILABLE SOON!!!!!!
'94 RS 1.6L
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

In this situation I think patience is pretty key. Maybe it's because of these kind of rabid barbaric responses maybe people have driven the makers away. Pardon the pun. I think that this is a golden chance for some pretty sick head lights. I'm really anxious to get a set but Spyderman obviously works for a big organization and knows what he's doing so I will have patience for when that time comes. just my two cents
purewhitemp5

Post by purewhitemp5 »

First off glad I sent spyderman over here the response has been phenominal. If I still had my MX-3 I would buy 2 sets just for the just in case factor. As far as price goes give the guy some time to get the product right and not rush him into some half a-- headlights that will leak and fog up like some other companies headlight.
As he has already stated these headlights are being put into production so relax people quality takes time. As far as everybody wanting these I am suprised no one as come forward in Cali. to drive down and have them test fitted on thier vehicle. The sooner we get a participant the sooner the headlights can be rolling off the assembly line. I'd rather have these than hacking away at honda parts to put on a Mazda .....thats just not right.

Return to “Appearance”