[FS] Smoked Slim Visors!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
rekognize

Re: [FS] Smoked Slim Visors!

Post by rekognize »

Hey Jesse maybe you can include a better double-sided tape, it was cold this morning and when i closed the door the visor just fell right off :lol:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

NOOO!
DId you apply in temps between 60-90 F, and tape down the front, and rear ends for 2 days? If I forgot to mention those things, I'll send you some more tape. They HAVE to cure for 2 days in those temps.
If I did mention it, and you didn't do it, please see your local parts store for more 3M PT1100 tape :)
For anyone else putting these on: Please read the instructions carefully.
If it slipped my mind to include the instructions, I apologise, and will send you them with more tape.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Yes sirs. No kind of pliable adhesive(like tape or stickers) will stick to anything when below t-shirt weather. So don't do your validation sticker on your licence plate either.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

I installed it when it was warmer around 70F but didn't know I have to tape the ends, no problems since but yesterday morning we were sitting at -10F and it fell to the ground when I shut the door :lol:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Is the tape still sticking to the door, or visor?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

the tape is still on the door but the visor wont stick to it anymore :freak:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'll ask at the manufacturer if the material is the problem.. I think a microscopic layer is still stuck to the tape. :? The HDPE is a soft plastic. What a PITA the black ones have been! I think you'll have to glue the visor to the tape. If those don't work out, I'll send you a set of the smoked ones and you can paint them, if you want to.
If you want, I'll find out what kind of glue you'd need. If they glue to the tape, you won't have to worry about your car paint.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm sorry about this.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Jesse, you should sell them on ebay for an increased price! That way more people around the world can buy them, and you will always have a supply for us at mx-3.com!
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Hey man no worries

I'll wait till it get's a little warmer and i'll try gluing the visor back on, if not then I know it's going to be a PITA to remove the tape from the door :lol: yeah the black ones are a little weird, I don't know if it's just me but they also don't line up properly with the side mirror (there's a gap)

a smoked set would be nice though :mrgreen:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Jesse, you should sell them on ebay for an increased price! That way more people around the world can buy them, and you will always have a supply for us at mx-3.com!
I've been thinking about it.. It's been a headache, just getting them done, but that part's over (hopefully).. If I put them on Ebay, I'd actually make a few bucks :) I need to find other cars they'd fit, too, and some Hondas that would be easy to make some for. I need to take them around parking lots, and match them to cars.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

fowljesse wrote:
onlytrueromeo wrote:Jesse, you should sell them on ebay for an increased price! That way more people around the world can buy them, and you will always have a supply for us at mx-3.com!
I've been thinking about it.. It's been a headache, just getting them done, but that part's over (hopefully).. If I put them on Ebay, I'd actually make a few bucks :) I need to find other cars they'd fit, too, and some Hondas that would be easy to make some for. I need to take them around parking lots, and match them to cars.
Great idea!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

3M VHB Glazing tape. This is the stuff used to assemble the massive office tower windows. Its seriously strong and designed for outdoor life.

If you really want something to stick...that's the shiznit.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

Glazing tape eh? That sound's hardcore
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'll look into it, but I chose PT1100, because as far as I know, it's the strongest that will come off again, without damaging the paint.
I'm pretty sure that the problem is the HDPE used to make the black visors. It was a poor choice all around, recommended by the manufacturer. I think a microscopic layer peeled off, still sticking to the tape, which is still stuck to his car. I'm pretty upset about it.
For just $15, I'll upgrade the black ones I've sold to smoked ones, shipped.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”