nightfire - 1996 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
nightfire

Re: nightfire - 1996 MX-3 GS

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:MS is capable of running your car without the ECU. You don't have to trick the ECU if it is no longer in control of the engine. Then you just have to worry about interfacing with your console.
What about things like dash gauges (ie. speed, tach, etc)? I think we still need the ECU present, even if it's not controlling fuel and spark. And if it's not, will strange things happen?
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

MS also creates a tach signal. I"m not sure how it interprets the speedo sensor...but I'm sure that it does.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Hey wyt, have you ever wired or tuned with MS?
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

No I just read a lot.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Well if I could completely eliminate the stock ECU that would be great. I can't wait to get started. :)
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

nightfire wrote:Well if I could completely eliminate the stock ECU that would be great. I can't wait to get started. :)
You can, but you will sacrifice cruise & A/C as far as I know.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
nightfire wrote:Well if I could completely eliminate the stock ECU that would be great. I can't wait to get started. :)
There is a way to run AC without the stock ECU, I read something about it on these forums. And honestly, how much do you use cruise control? I almost never use it because there's always some sort of traffic making me constantly change speeds.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Mad Cow wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:
There is a way to run AC without the stock ECU, I read something about it on these forums. And honestly, how much do you use cruise control? I almost never use it because there's always some sort of traffic making me constantly change speeds.
Nooooo! I cannot live without cruise control. I drive down from Montreal to Waterloo (about 700km) every few months, and without cruise control I am a ticket magnet. I'm usually traveling at night (so no traffic) and there are cops everywhere. Especially because of the recession.

So I just lock it in at 115, relax, and listen to tunes.
- Gord
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

As some might have noticed in my FS thread, I was --><-- this close to scrapping my baby. The body was in bad shape and I no longer have a place to work on it.

With a little coaxing from wytbishop, dan, ukrman... and finding a super cool guy who was willing to do the work for something I could justify, I decided to keep it! It's being worked on at this very moment. Can't wait to see how it comes out! Pics to follow.
- Gord
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I’m really happy that you’re keeping the car Gord. There just aren’t enough guys out there that really love their cars and especially these cars. The thought of someday having to part with my MX-3 makes me sick to my stomach. I can’t even imagine it.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:I’m really happy that you’re keeping the car Gord. There just aren’t enough guys out there that really love their cars and especially these cars. The thought of someday having to part with my MX-3 makes me sick to my stomach. I can’t even imagine it.
Thanks man.

I guess this means sooner or later I'll have to tackle that bushing install. :lol:

.. and megasquirt... and turbo...
- Gord
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Gord? He never told me his name, thought it might be something like Mike or Jason or Derrick and of course living in Quebec Serge, Michel, Claude or of course Andre. Gord? What the Hell kind of a French name is Gord. :lol: You have to come to the meet, I never met anyone from Quebec named Gord. Cheers Brother :D Dan or Daniel or just plan old 'foot in my mouth' Danny.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Daninski wrote:Gord? He never told me his name, thought it might be something like Mike or Jason or Derrick and of course living in Quebec Serge, Michel, Claude or of course Andre. Gord? What the Hell kind of a French name is Gord. :lol: You have to come to the meet, I never met anyone from Quebec named Gord. Cheers Brother :D Dan or Daniel or just plan old 'foot in my mouth' Danny.
lol... dude I'm from Keswick just north of Toronto. :roll: I only live in Montreal.
- Gord
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Keswick? Well that explains it. Half the guys in Keswick are named Gord aren't they. Gord, Gordie, Gordon. Favorite past time in Keswick is ' Find the hibernating animal and wake it'. :P That and being glad you don't live in Montreal. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Alexandre (dude who's been bringing new life to my baby) is doing an incredible job. Can't believe how fast this guy works.
- Gord

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”