Need some ideas for Projector headlights.

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Need some ideas for Projector headlights.

Post by Custommx3 »

its deffinatley going to happen. Were trying to get in touch with some distributors and try and get a good deal on lights. the lights everyone is wanting to use is ~ $54USD a piece, needing four thats $216 for a set (thanks taras).<p>Now wewill not be providing these, but maybe we can get a group buy. Wiring instructions will be provided, but must be installed by a professional (have to say that for legal reasons) <p>Pricing for the housing I want to say ~ 200 USD, but the prototype isnt made yet so I cant verify that. <p>As far as CF goes, thats a future thing. This light may have alot of curves, which is very hard to mold in CF.<p>If you have questions, I will agree with Never Enough Customs, please read the entire thread before posting. I as well keep seeing the same questions asked over and over again. <p>The company is called Liquid Reflections, its local to me, and hes also my sponsor, and I go there almost every day after work. We're still in the design stage, and I have to buy a set of Hellas before we can even start on it. <p>If you guys wanna know how good he is, heres some flames he airbrished on is dads Rock climbing CJ7. HE also is one of the 2 people who will have a car they painted on the DuPont calendar that does not work for DuPont.
Keep in mind the round circles u see is crap on the lens (sorry forgot to whipe it off) and this hasnt even been buffed yet, but you can see the lights shining on it.
Also u cant really see the detail and quality cause its a compressed/resized pic.<p>Image
Enjoy.<p>[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Price for AS4700, you also need to consider the fact that a primer must be purchased as well. Primer is SHP470.<p>AS4700: $21 per pound
SHP470: $22 per pound<p>These materials are shipped at about 10% solids. Transfer efficiency is dependent on application method. For low volume, spray method is probably best, since a recovery method is too expensive to make for such low volumes. To apply this hardcoat, you need to have an oven that you can guarantee is 256 degrees F, give or take 2. <p>In regards to MR-10, I do confirm it is precoated, however, it cannot be formed/shaped. It's primary market is the home window market where the flat slabs are cut and fitted. However, FMR-# (can't remember number designation right now) is a precoated formable material, though the scratch resistence is less than that of MR-10. AS4700 is a weatherable hardcoat, which means it offers UV protection, which is crucial when it comes to LEXAN, as which we know will age and turn yellow after prolonged exposure.<p>PS: Sorry, no discounts ;) <p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JDM:
Ok, I looked at the site and found references to Lexan and Mr-10. Are you trying to say that Mr-10 already coated with As4700. As far as I know Mr-10 is already coated with scratch protective coating and UV filter. Confirm?<p>I think if the lights will use Hella 90 mm projectors, they will not need the outer clear polycarbonate shell.<hr></blockquote><p>[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: UoMDeacon ]<p>[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: UoMDeacon ]</p>
Manach

Post by Manach »

Barry,<p>Can you make a mailing list to peeps that are interested?<p>I am, but won't be able to reach the net for the next month.. My car need to be ready for drag soon.<p>and I just starting a relationship :) )
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

It will be about a month before they are even ready, so dont stress it :) YOu can email me personally anytime @ custommx3@mx-3.com if you have questions. Thats not for others to ask that can read it here. Please post your questions here if you have any, others may be wondering the same as you.
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

barry- can we photo's of the prototype and how it comming along?
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monstar-mx-3:
barry- can we photo's of the prototype and how it comming along?<hr></blockquote><p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
Pricing for the housing I want to say ~ 200 USD, but the prototype isnt made yet so I cant verify that. <p>...<p>We're still in the design stage, and I have to buy a set of Hellas before we can even start on it.
<hr></blockquote><p>Reading Is Fundamental.
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Jason...you and idiot. I know the protype isnt ready yet!
mx34u2nve

Post by mx34u2nve »

Are these going to be good performance lights?? Are they going to be like those bmw lights that blind other people???? :) Cause my lights now are sooooo dim its hard to drive at night and i don't feel safe.
Turbo 2.5l mx3
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

I have to agree with mx34u2nve. I just came home from a night-trip and while the MX-3 is almost always a pleasure to drive in, it's really not funny on an clouded night ;(<p>And I switched the lamps in my car 3 months ago to another kind that are supposed to give of 25 percent more light.. and it still sucks *grin*<p>So I really look forward to this.. even of importing them to europe is going to be a *****.
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

damn so we're looking at around $450USD per set?<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> needing four thats $216 for a set <hr></blockquote>
just for the lamps, then<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Pricing for the housing I want to say ~ 200 USD, but the prototype isnt made yet so I cant verify that. <hr></blockquote><p>plus shipping... correct me if i'm wrong, just checking to make sure i understood that correctly
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
FMSMX3

Post by FMSMX3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xXx_OTEP_xXx:
damn so we're looking at around $450USD per set?<p> <p>plus shipping... correct me if i'm wrong, just checking to make sure i understood that correctly<hr></blockquote><p>No, I believe that it is $216 for all the lights, then plus the housing and shipping. He said $54 per light, so x4 that is $216. Of course he wasn't sure how much the final housing cost will be. But at any price under $1000 I think they're worth it.
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

i'd love to get them for whatever price they come out to, but i probably wont be ABLE to go too high .. lol.. thanks
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

$54 for each Hella 90mm projector is worth it. They low beam is a projector, and the high beam is a narrow beam reflector.<p>They're freaking awesome in terms of halogens. The H9 bulb puts out over 2000 lumens, so you can't complain there!<p>And, NO, these are NOT the same projectors used in BMWs with HIDs in them. BMWs use a HID projector which is slightly different, and they don't blind you, unless they're aimed wrong.<p>Anything under $300 for the light pod is a good deal, and $54 each for projectors is a steal as well.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
MysteryMachine

Post by MysteryMachine »

well, I'm definitely in because as everyone would agree, stock lights are pretty damn bad no matter what bulbs you put in. And I seriously need something that looks better and makes me see better at the same time.
94' Blaze Red MX-3- Just startin' out, but soon tah be da killer thriller. Rims, carbon fiber dash, neons, altezzas, start of a killer sound system. Body kit on after winter.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Just for comparison please consider these when thinking about the cost:<p>Ford Focus Hella Quad Projector headlights (made by Hella, based of 90mm projectors): 500-600 USD<p>Subaru WRX JDM Projector Headlights: 800 USD
Subaru WRX Morette Projector Lights (Hella Based) from 500 to 800 USD.<p>Here are some examples:
Mulsane
BAT inc<p>Look Here for some more ideas:
MOrette Lights<p>Basically All I am saying, is if you want good lights, you have to pay for them. Why pay for something that will look cool, but perform poorly, especially, the lights. Sure, some may say, how come APC projector lights cost half the price, well, because in that case you are really paying for the shell, because the projectors will need to be thrown out and replaced with better ones.<p>Cruise around on EBay.de, search (Suchen) for lights (Scheinwerfer), see the prices of the whole assemblies, get the idea (keep in mind final bids are different.<p>Have fun considering...
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Appearance”