I saved a turtle!

Off-Topic Discussions

I saved a turtle!

Post by Guest »

So today Im driving back from dropping the old lady off at work and I stop in a little car lot. Well when Im at the exit wating for a break in traffic I see a big snapping turtle across the street about 5 feet from the road walking towards it. <p>I used to have 3 turtles so I have this natural compassion towards them. So I wait till the way is clear fly across and park walk out pick it up, its probably about 1 foot long, and if anyone has ever handled a snapper they arent friendly, but this one you could tell was just tired, it didnt hiss or snap or anything. The whole time Im thinking " who the hell stops to pick up a turtle in the middle of the city"?<p>So I put it on my passenger side floor and get on my way, of course it was trying to climb up where my shifter is so im like doing 60 in 2nd trying to get it down. Well it mellowed out and I drove out to the country where I knew there was a good crick. Of course there was 4 guys on riding loan mowers (cutting the grass at the cemetary near the crick) watching me walk with this big *** turtle. So anyways I get down there splash some water on it and it swam away slowely but surely. I felt sorry for it because its jaw and top shell was cracked, it didnt look fresh but ya never know.<p>Anyone else here ever have turtles for pets?? Im not fond of the reptile pets, but turtles have a cuteness like puppies" :p haha

Re: I saved a turtle!

Post by Guest »

I feel for you, I have an iguana and any reptile with four legs I feel for. I think it's because you really get to know how there feeling just by the way they act. With an iguana it's mostly how there looking around.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Thats cool man. Turtles are awesome, especially the ninja turtles! :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Dephekt

Post by Dephekt »

Good job man! I'm a big animal lover, I have 3 cats and a fish. I took a week trip down in FL last week and saved about 5 starfish, lol. Their all up on the beach and stuff, so I just picked them up and walked pretty far out into the water and put them back. Pretty cool things if you think about it. Their arms get cut off and they grow back, and the part that was cut off grows into a new starfish, crazy stuff.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i know a guy who saved a turtle locked in a truck in baltimore, county md vehicle lock up.......
the funny part was some of the people that him get the turtle brouht 3 burger from wendy's to give the dogs so he could get it out but they ate 2 of em on the way around the fence...LOL....but they got it out the truck & its safe
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Post by Guest »

haha thats awesome!
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

my turtle ran away, dont laugh :D brother left my door open.
1993 White gs klze.
gmuffb

Post by gmuffb »

I stop the car to save turtles too!!!! :D
¤Kelli¤
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

I have 2 snapping turtles for pets. The big one's shell is about the size of my palm. The little one's shell is about half that big. They are awsome. <p>We have a farm in Iowa, and my little brother, the biggest animal lover i know, cried and cried until my parents let him bring them home. He was only 9. I'll try to get some pictures up.<p>Dominic
RIP 95 rs
phr34k

Post by phr34k »

i can honestly say that i would dodge it but wouldn't have picked it up. you sir are a good person

Post by Guest »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by gmuffb:
I stop the car to save turtles too!!!! :D <hr></blockquote><p>haha thats awesome!

Return to “Off-Topic”