need some reasurance

Off-Topic Discussions
novadoc

need some reasurance

Post by novadoc »

alright guys i got a quick question, what do you think about the capabilities of a 99 pontiac grand prix GTP<p>3.8 supercharged<p>car-stats.com says it runs 15.1 in stock form
im suppose to race this guy in 2 weeks and need some people to boost my confidence<p>im runnin a klze with headers/CAI/2.5" exaust/ ms8 manifold and NOS, lowered with a b&m STS<p>what do you guys think
NoVa<p>Image
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: need some reasurance

Post by mitmaks »

should take him i think, those pontiacs are fast but power to weight isnt that great as in mx3 with klze
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I had no idea the supercharged grand prix ran a 15.1. wow. But I still think you got him. You should be running close to 195BHP plus you got the n2o shot. The GTP comes stock with 240HP @ 5200 and 280TQ @ 3200 and you should have close to that when you hit your button. But you still got 2443 pounds over his 3396. Plus I believe our tranny is set up for "speed" while even tho the GTP is a "performance" model, the tranny is still economy. <p>Let us know how it turns out, and post slips if you can.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

195 bhp?
thats what the ze has stock<p>havent dyno'd the car yet, but im pretty sure i have quite a bit more than that<p>btw im hoping to beat him without spraying
but if thats what it takes than thats what it takes<p>i cant lose, these guys have been talkin smack about my car all winter while it was off the road
NoVa<p>Image
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

take the car to a dyno please, we need more infor on how much power the ZE makes, dont be afraid of the GTP you will smoke him, but PLEASE take the car to the dyno!
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

whats a CAI
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Cool Air Intake<p>And You'll smoke his A$$
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

curt ill be hitting the dyno at the beginning of june<p>i wish i could wait until i get my mazdaspeed mounts before i raced the GTP<p>i cant wait to see his face when i smoke him<p>i beat his ricer buddy in a cavalier by about 2 bus lengths without spraying
if you guys ever met these 2 you would all piss yourselves laughing
NoVa<p>Image
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

youll kill him bro, without the giggly gas. you could always use it if you wanted to make him look really bad tho :D lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Dephekt

Post by Dephekt »

HAHAHA, Giggly Gas, thats the first time anyone has ever called it that, from what I've heard. Thats awesome, I'm gonna start using it. If thats ok? ;)

Return to “Off-Topic”